Oregon question

legelsegel

Hey there--

So I've watched every single Hawks basketball game, but two this season. Huge fan on the West Coast... indeed, I live in San Francisco.

I'm definitely thinking about making the trip to Oregon for the next game. How the heck would I be able to secure ticket such that I sit in the Iowa section AND not the Ducks section (off of stub hub).

Any help would be appreciated!

Trying to bring a little Carver excited out here on a different coast! ;)

Considering Oregon only had like 5000 people at the first round game(so I heard) I am thinking you will probably be able to move closer to be with Iowa fans.

I called the U of I ticket office and they said they didn't receive any vistor's tickets for this game. So I think the next best thing would be to get them from Oregon and try and sit behind the vistor's bench. Do to this:

Go to http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncom...text=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=MBH&cgc=

Enter in the number of tickets you'd like and then go to the seating map below and click section 102P. You'll then be allowed to buy tickets pretty close to the Iowa bench. I searched for the section right behind the bench, but no tickets are available. Price isn't too bad, 21 bucks for lower level tickets.

I'll be there for the game. I live in Portland and actually went to Iowa for undergrad and Oregon for law school. However, I'll be cheering for the Hawks for sure.

I'd love to see this turn into a "home away from home" game. Are there enough transplants in Oregon, Wash and N Calif to make it happen?

There seems to be a good deal of Iowans in Oregon. Everytime I wear an Iowa shirt at least one person stops me and tells me they are from somewhere in Iowa. There is a couple of bars in Portland that are "Iowa Bars" and get a good crowd for football games.

In 2009 at the Iowa MSU game, "when 7 got 6", I remember seeing all sorts of videos from iowa fans everywhere that showed the reaction at the end of that game. I think there was one from a bar in Seattle that had a huge number of fans. Hopefully they can make it to the game.

I didn't bother trying to secure tickets in the Iowa section, just took best available. Taking my son to his first Hawk game. Always thought it would be football in Kinnick but can't pass up this opportunity.

Go Hawks

In 2009 at the Iowa MSU game, "when 7 got 6", I remember seeing all sorts of videos from iowa fans everywhere that showed the reaction at the end of that game. I think there was one from a bar in Seattle that had a huge number of fans. Hopefully they can make it to the game.
Downtown Freddy Brown lives in uptown Seattle, Mn.....

:D

Latest posts