Oregon / Pac 12 Preview

Selected quotes about the Oregon team: "After barely finishing inside KenPom's top 100, the defense could certainly use the help."
Bloody defensive juggernauts compared to us.

Also: "If the perimeter defense doesn't make as big of strides as hoped, the Ducks can simply try to outscore opponents - and they certainly have the weapons to do so."
They basically could have swapped Ducks for Hawks and done the strengths and weaknesses part of the write-up about us.

Do these bits sound familiar?

"What should have been a picturesque blend of scoring/defense/youth/experience instead resembled a mashed together puzzle - sure, you could generally tell what it was supposed to be, but it still ended up looking like a confused jumble of pieces that didn't truly fit together.

"Of course, I thought that last year, yet those talented pieces did whatever the opposite of "gelling" is, leading to a nightmarish brand of basketball."

We should know quite a bit after the Oregon game. They sound like they play quite a bit of zone as well. Hope Iowa can get a few players get their outside shot going. Might be a high scoring game.

BolBol.....

AR-181119907.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=900

He totaled 35 points and 24 rebounds in the 16th-ranked Ducks’ first two games, an 84-57 win over Portland State and an 81-47 cruise over Eastern Washington. And, he blocked seven shots.

We must get him off the floor with fouls, just keep Tyler and Luka going at him, get him in the air trying to block a shot and fall into him.....

:cool:

He just manhandled Syracuse. Had 4 blocks vs Iowa but had cramps so played limited minutes. Not sure what your point is

Sorry he had 5 blocks against Iowa. 14 points and 9 boards in 26 minutes
Uh, hello. You said Bol would manhandle Iowa. He did no such thing. In fact, Garza and Kreiner shut his ass down.

Change my mind.

Uh, hello. You said Bol would manhandle Iowa. He did no such thing. In fact, Garza and Kreiner shut his ass down.

Change my mind.

I used the word "likely" for a reason. Sorry if you missed that and conveniently left that part out

He had a solid game. Didn't dominate but played inconsistent minutes due to his calf

I used the word "likely" for a reason. Sorry if you missed that and conveniently left that part out

He had a solid game. Didn't dominate but played inconsistent minutes due to his calf
LOL!!!!! Oh, you said "likely". That is some lame ass shit. Try again.

Did you seriously miss that part? Do I really need to go back and quote it? It's not my fault you didn't comprehend what I said?
Ok, you said "likely" which means probable to happen. It didn't. In fact, the opposite happened. You were wrong. Admit it like a man and quit trying to hide behind middle school language arts rules.

Swing and a miss for you. Try again.

Ok, you said "likely" which means probable to happen. It didn't. In fact, the opposite happened. You were wrong. Admit it like a man and quit trying to hide behind middle school language arts rules.

Swing and a miss for you. Try again.

I said likely. I thought he would. He didn't dominate iowa. He had 14 points 9 boards and 5 blocks. Really good game. Had a calf injury and played inconsistent minutes . He's still a one and done. He's still a stud.

I said likely. I thought he would. He didn't dominate iowa. He had 14 points 9 boards and 5 blocks. Really good game. Had a calf injury and played inconsistent minutes . He's still a one and done. He's still a stud.
I agree with this... except the one and done thing. I think he's 2 and done. Needs to put on about 50-60lbs.

I agree with this... except the one and done thing. I think he's 2 and done. Needs to put on about 50-60lbs.
I don't know how accurate it is, but he's listed at 7'2" 235 lbs. His dad is listed at 7'7" 201 lbs. Didn't know it was possible to be that skinny. I think his BMI was -3.

I saw before the Iowa game they had him projected the 10th overall pick. It's early tho. He can shoot the 3 already which is an amazing skill for a beanpole like that

I saw before the Iowa game they had him projected the 10th overall pick. It's early tho. He can shoot the 3 already which is an amazing skill for a beanpole like that

I gotta admit, my jaw dropped when I saw him handle the ball in the open court. Impressive.