Opinions from the opposition

Just left the game....as far as loudness memorial is WAY overrated. Rank it behind shoe, big house, happy valley and madison. Comparable to kinnick.
Very fair and accurate assessment. Lincoln (with rare exceptions, normally 6pm games) is a pretty tame game atmosphere, we have a lot of blue hairs that don't like to yell or stand for long :confused:

Edit: And we do seem to have wayyyyy more endzone seats than sideline seats. And God forbid you get a seat under one of the balconies, yikes!

I am advocating for leaving the coaching staff at home and just letting the players play.

I don't see how the results could be much worse. These guys do nothing but preach softness by worrying about percentages instead of winning games.

How inspiring was that half-time interview with the sideline reporter? Wow, KF sounded pleased with the score and the way things were going.

Why have the coaching staff bother showing up???

Very fair and accurate assessment. Lincoln (with rare exceptions, normally 6pm games) is a pretty tame game atmosphere, we have a lot of blue hairs that don't like to yell or stand for long :confused:

Edit: And we do seem to have wayyyyy more endzone seats than sideline seats. And God forbid you get a seat under one of the balconies, yikes!

Totally agree. There are much tougher venues out there than Memorial Stadium.

Nebraska came out to play and kicked Iowa's arse today. I am glad they joined the B1G. They are a good fit.

1. Ken O'Keefe is the most conservative play caller and needs to go. Maybe Bob Davie needs and OC.
2. Its a judgement call and is there to protect the players. Just like horsecollar tackles.

3 things:

1) What in the heck was Iowa doing on offense? As bad as our defense has been, and as porous as it has been against the run, why did you not ride Coker, and make us stop him? Early on, there was plenty of rushing room available, but it seemed like you got too cute and tried slinging the ball around. I don't get that at all

2) Holy crap the Big 10 refs are horrible. I have seen plenty of questionable calls/inconsistent reffing all year, but that "Chop Block" called on Caputo was so horrible even Bob Davie commented on it.

3) It was tough to tell for sure, but it looked like (to me) that there was a lot of black in the stands. I wish that Hawk fans would have wore yellow as so they would stand out better, but if most of that black was Iowa fans, it was the best representation of an opposing fan base that I have ever seen in Lincoln. If that is the case, props to you, Hawk fans.

I hope you had a good time in Lincoln, regardless of the outcome of the game.
Davie called it a "good call". I didn't even see the play but I heard it and that's what he said.

Im trying to keep out of here for fear of my head. But i will say this, no joke Iowa fans travel. It was hard to tell who was a Hawkeye fan or a Husker fan because we wear black also. But when a play went Iowas way you could hear your fans get into it. Heres looking forward to next years game in IA City.

That's right baby, no matter how pathetic our teams are we represent.

Latest posts