Open season on Rutgers commits

Ferentz has said publicly and I complete agree, that getting the right guy at DC is way way more important than any recruit. This is not something to rush into. Coaching is what has made iowa competitive in the past. Holding off will pay off.

I agree that you want to make the right decision. Just wish the two things didn't line up at the same time with respect to this recruit. Just unfortunate timing. But, having a very string HC still here might be enough to stem any concern about the defensive staff.

Seriously? Did you see the qualifier "kinda." Do you know what a qualifier is for? In this case, it means "to some extent."

Now a drama queen is someone who turns something unimportant into a big deal.
The qualifier negates any chance that I am making it a big deal.

However, your use of hyperbole by indicating that I made it a big deal is more Drama Queenesque.

That being said answer me this question, "When you are trying to take advantage of a player who might decommit due to a coaching uncertainty, wouldn't you rather not have any coaching uncertainty yourself?"

Then just because you made me mad with your hyperbolic response to my rather innocuous statement...

even though the Hawks have been aggressively recruiting defensive players, you know how many have verballed after Norm announced his retirement? 2 - and they verballed the day he announced and 2 days later. No defensive player has committed since he actually left or since December 14, (at least per Rivals).

The only news we have gotten is that guys have chosen other schools, or that one of our prized commits at our biggest area of immediate need is visiting another school.

Still, we don't know if the defensive staff uncertainty has impacted anyone's decision to go somewhere else. What we do know is that it hasn't helped us pick anyone up.

I didn't think you were a Drama Queen.....UNTIL this response that is.....:eek:;)

Seriously? Did you see the qualifier "kinda." Do you know what a qualifier is for? In this case, it means "to some extent."

Now a drama queen is someone who turns something unimportant into a big deal. The qualifier negates any chance that I am making it a big deal.

However, your use of hyperbole by indicating that I made it a big deal is more Drama Queenesque.

That being said answer me this question, "When you are trying to take advantage of a player who might decommit due to a coaching uncertainty, wouldn't you rather not have any coaching uncertainty yourself?"

Then just because you made me mad with your hyperbolic response to my rather innocuous statement...

even though the Hawks have been aggressively recruiting defensive players, you know how many have verballed after Norm announced his retirement? 2 - and they verballed the day he announced and 2 days later. No defensive player has committed since he actually left or since December 14, (at least per Rivals).

The only news we have gotten is that guys have chosen other schools, or that one of our prized commits at our biggest area of immediate need is visiting another school.

Still, we don't know if the defensive staff uncertainty has impacted anyone's decision to go somewhere else. What we do know is that it hasn't helped us pick anyone up.

Haha...this cracks me up. OK4P's schtick is to post sarcastically, BSpringstein's schtick is to post using haiku, your schtick is to take the most outrageous stand on something just to get attention. Kind of like Skip Bayless. Actually, a lot like Skip Bayless.

You really think our staff hasnt clued current and possible recruits in on who is going to be the DC or fill other vacancies?

9 of our first 14 commits were on the defensive side of the ball (counting Lile as a defensive commit, as he will more than likely be a DB for the Hawks). So it makes sense that the end of the class is going to feature more players on the offensive side of the ball.

Lambert is on record as saying that staying close to home was a big factor in him choosing Rutgers and not once did he say that the staff uncertainty here turned him off from Iowa. We will see if he changes his mind on Rutgers with Schiano leaving. In fact I havent heard of a single recruit mentioning that staff uncertainty here was a factor in their decision not to choose Iowa.

Johnson is not visiting MSU. He is solid to the Hawks.

Timber Creek's Lambert reconsidering commitment to Rutgers | Philadelphia Inquirer | 01/28/2012

From the article:

One thing is clear: Lambert is back in play as far as other schools are concerned.

A source close to the player noted that every school with which Lambert was involved - and that list includes the likes of Alabama, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Iowa and Northwestern - has been back in contact, along with a few new ones. Lambert had scholarship offers from many of those schools before he chose Rutgers.

Haha...this cracks me up. OK4P's schtick is to post sarcastically, BSpringstein's schtick is to post using haiku, your schtick is to take the most outrageous stand on something just to get attention. Kind of like Skip Bayless. Actually, a lot like Skip Bayless.

You really think our staff hasnt clued current and possible recruits in on who is going to be the DC or fill other vacancies?

9 of our first 14 commits were on the defensive side of the ball (counting Lile as a defensive commit, as he will more than likely be a DB for the Hawks). So it makes sense that the end of the class is going to feature more players on the offensive side of the ball.

Lambert is on record as saying that staying close to home was a big factor in him choosing Rutgers and not once did he say that the staff uncertainty here turned him off from Iowa. We will see if he changes his mind on Rutgers with Schiano leaving. In fact I havent heard of a single recruit mentioning that staff uncertainty here was a factor in their decision not to choose Iowa.

Johnson is not visiting MSU. He is solid to the Hawks.

i read one article and it said education was the big factor for rutgers. schiano did morning practices, which allowed him to attend engineering labs that were held in the afternoon. he said he would like to see what the new coach's practice plan was prior to deciding.

Latest posts