Open season on Rutgers commits

Just looked at Lambert's profile. He apparently scored a 980 on the SAT's. That seems way low. Would he need to re-test before getting accepted?

Lambert was pretty to the point that staying home was important...and Lambert was very highly recruited as were/are Fuller and Carroo all 4-star rated NJ kids...not to mention two 4-star PA kids within shouting distance of Rutgers...

How many committs has not publicly naming a DC cost the Hawks? I can't remember any.

You are such a drama queen.

Seriously? Did you see the qualifier "kinda." Do you know what a qualifier is for? In this case, it means "to some extent."

Now a drama queen is someone who turns something unimportant into a big deal. The qualifier negates any chance that I am making it a big deal.

However, your use of hyperbole by indicating that I made it a big deal is more Drama Queenesque.

That being said answer me this question, "When you are trying to take advantage of a player who might decommit due to a coaching uncertainty, wouldn't you rather not have any coaching uncertainty yourself?"

Then just because you made me mad with your hyperbolic response to my rather innocuous statement...

even though the Hawks have been aggressively recruiting defensive players, you know how many have verballed after Norm announced his retirement? 2 - and they verballed the day he announced and 2 days later. No defensive player has committed since he actually left or since December 14, (at least per Rivals).

The only news we have gotten is that guys have chosen other schools, or that one of our prized commits at our biggest area of immediate need is visiting another school.

Still, we don't know if the defensive staff uncertainty has impacted anyone's decision to go somewhere else. What we do know is that it hasn't helped us pick anyone up.

Last edited:
I'm conflicted. I would love to see Iowa have a chance with Lambert. But I'm not really crazy about Schiano coaching my Bucs.
eeeewwwww The stench from the sombrero/ RayJay used to stretch all the way from Whorelando to Naples when i lived down there.

Ferentz has said publicly and I complete agree, that getting the right guy at DC is way way more important than any recruit. This is not something to rush into. Coaching is what has made iowa competitive in the past. Holding off will pay off.

Ferentz has said publicly and I co homplete agree, that getting the right guy at DC is way way more important than any recruit. This is not something to rush into. Coaching is what has made iowa competitive in the past. Holding off will pay off.
holding off just to promote Parker. false drama

Copied from Rivals page.

Thursday has been a hectic day at Rutgers for everyone involved with the program, including all of the Class of 2012 recruits. One of the players feeling the sudden departure of Coach Greg Schiano is four-star linebacker Quanzell Lambert of Sicklerville (N.J.) Timber Creek. Lambert is still in the process of trying to figure out what is best for him.

What's best For you Quanzell is to give Kirk a call. Soon!

Latest posts