Open practice

spliff45

From what I’ve read, there were at least 15 guys not dressed due to injury or just being held out.

Colby was at RT. The OL seemed to have improved. They were a positive as a whole.

In general, from folks that were there, the offense seemed to be progressing (that’s not saying much)

Petras seemed to be much more confident. Didn’t have any WTF moments that he usually has in these practices

Kickers were a combined 15-15. Both had longs of 53

Ostrenga is TE3. Was impressive today.

Bostic looks like he could be WR that could help.

Graves will not redshirt

From what I’ve read, there were at least 15 guys not dressed due to injury or just being held out.

Colby was at RT. The OL seemed to have improved. They were a positive as a whole.

In general, from folks that were there, the offense seemed to be progressing (that’s not saying much)

Petras seemed to be much more confident. Didn’t have any WTF moments that he usually has in these practices

Graves will not redshirt
Thanks!

Graves will not redshirt
I've been wondering about the kickers. Good news!

The kickers really stand out. That's awesome. Unlike at QB where if you have a battle for that spot it's usually bad. You don't see many Joe Montana/Steve Young battles. But if you have 2 kickers that can do that it's awesome.

WR depth/health remains a big concern to me. But, counter that with improving depth at TE. I suspect we see a lot of two and perhaps even three TE sets, especially early in the year.

After looking at tape of all the Kid's Day snaps, I'm very concerned about the OL pass protection. I was hoping Colby could slide over to RT and be a fixture there for the next 3 years, but I wasn't impressed with what I saw from him on Sat. The OL looked OK on run plays, but against the #1 defense Petras had little more than 2 seconds before he was feeling pressure and guys were all over him. Pressure from inside, pressure from outside...I'm just very, very concerned. Looks like a lot of 5 yd passes this season. Ugh.

After looking at tape of all the Kid's Day snaps, I'm very concerned about the OL pass protection. I was hoping Colby could slide over to RT and be a fixture there for the next 3 years, but I wasn't impressed with what I saw from him on Sat. The OL looked OK on run plays, but against the #1 defense Petras had little more than 2 seconds before he was feeling pressure and guys were all over him. Pressure from inside, pressure from outside...I'm just very, very concerned. Looks like a lot of 5 yd passes this season. Ugh.
You and I must have watched far different tapes. I will believe my eyes,

Let's not forget our DL is one of the better DL in the conference. Even if there were some struggles, that is understandable. Offenses always lag behind the D in camp.

Steel sharpens steel. The OL will get better given who they butt heads with everyday in practice.

The only saving grace to this is that our DL is probably the best out there... Most of what they'll be facing won't be as good. However with how they looked last yr and all it's tough to think much different. I totally get it. Time will tell I suppose

The only saving grace to this is that our DL is probably the best out there... Most of what they'll be facing won't be as good. However with how they looked last yr and all it's tough to think much different. I totally get it. Time will tell I suppose

I'm hoping this is the case, but the observations from Grady are concerning. Petras needs a good 3-3.5 seconds.

I'm hoping this is the case, but the observations from Grady are concerning. Petras needs a good 3-3.5 seconds.
And an open receiver... Unless Petras has improved upon his anticipation throws and leading guys into windows that are just opening up then yeah 3 seconds plus is what he needs if he has to come off his 1st read.

I watched the three videos that Rob shared and what I noticed was that Petras and Padilla both were throwing downfield instead of just dropping it off to the tight end. That was promising compared to what we usually see. I noticed one time that it appeared Petras should have been sacked, but the defender just pulled up, and then Petras moved forward in the pocket to hit a receiver for a first down.

Labas is the only QB that really appeared to be hitting the underneath routes only, but it could be due to the lack of separation from the thirdstring wr's.