open letter to Iowa/NW fans -

All I know is that Iowa is 3-0. 3 opponents, 3 wins. You can't do any better than that. I'll leave the snarkiness to guys like this.

Yeah. Maybe some doofus may have mentioned it somewhere in a comments section or something, but the vast majority of us, I think, are just hoping to do something like 9-3. I don't remember seeing any playoff talk.

Last edited:
Well he clobbered the crap out of that straw man.

Nice to know that MNWildcat can win a fight with nobody.

Please, I haven't heard any Iowa fans talking about playoffs.

the author is an obvious hater - he probably saw one person (maybe) say this in a comment section - seriously - who reports by what some anonymous person (possibly a troll) states in a comment section under an article?

the author is an obvious hater - he probably saw one person (maybe) say this in a comment section - seriously - who reports by what some anonymous person (possibly a troll) states in a comment section under an article?

Yeah--and it could have been a 6 year old.

DB

HAHAHAHAHA.

Last post on this cat, since I now see that he truly has cognitive issues.

Quote from one of his comments in response to another commenter:

So you’ll understand if I’m not yet in the mood to do a whole lot of basking. And I think plenty of the Northwestern fans doing the same are still awfully short-sided.

There is nothing worse than a "short-sided" football fan.

And that wasn't just any selfie, or just any player.

I literally do not know a single "non delusional" Hawkeye fan that is thinking playoffs. He even noted that the consensus seems to have raised to 9-3 as doable, which isn't exactly playoffs.

This is an argument against any jackhat with a keyboard having the ability to be a "journalist".

So far, the team and the staff has exceeded most all expectations (admittedly, we are really only doing what we should almost every year) but still, plenty to be optimistic about. Plenty of improvement needed and a few more wins before anyone can even think about being a contender for the B1G West, let alone a trip to Indy. Playoffs is the farthest thing from any realistic Hawks mind.

Btw, Pitt is rebuilding? Really? Since when...the 90's?. They would be better with Connor, no doubt, but based on what I saw, that was a solid team, who could possible contend for an ACC title if they continue to play like that. It was a good win that was helped by a dramatic finish.

Win handily next week and find a way in Madison,

This guy was way off base. What a dolt...So goes the Internet age...

There are tons of idiots with keyboards who think they're journalists. What this guy is is an insecure fan trying to get a few NW fans to tell him what a great writer he is. What he is is the worst kind of writer. One who takes one isolated post and tries to blow it up into something big. He needs to write for TMZ or Bleacher Report where integrity is not required. Better yet go write for the National Enquirer. He seems qualified to write about alien babies being born with Arkansas mothers.

The guy was trying to point to the extreme of both fan bases and what the expectations were/should have been. I think his point on how Iowa should be 3 and 0 now is valid. We should be where we are. It's what we should have been last year. However meeting those expectations is no reason to damper our enjoyment of it. There are extremes in every fan base that jumps up and down saying they are going to the playoffs if not the NC game. To give that any credence is just lame on his part. There's pretty much only one way Iowa is getting to playoffs and that's if they run the table and knock off MSU or OSU in title game in impressive fashion.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Last post on this cat, since I now see that he truly has cognitive issues.

Quote from one of his comments in response to another commenter:

So you’ll understand if I’m not yet in the mood to do a whole lot of basking. And I think plenty of the Northwestern fans doing the same are still awfully short-sided.

There is nothing worse than a "short-sided" football fan.

He must be talking about the bus he rides on...

Did Hawknick write that article to troll himself? It's like Inception... trolling within a troll within a troll....

#mindblown

The guy was trying to point to the extreme of both fan bases and what the expectations were/should have been. I think his point on how Iowa should be 3 and 0 now is valid. We should be where we are. It's what we should have been last year. However meeting those expectations is no reason to damper our enjoyment of it. There are extremes in every fan base that jumps up and down saying they are going to the playoffs if not the NC game. To give that any credence is just lame on his part. There's pretty much only one way Iowa is getting to playoffs and that's if they run the table and knock off MSU or OSU in title game in impressive fashion.

I read some of the comments below and came across this from EastLosRandy

"On the BHGP thread that is MNWildcats’s "smoking gun" of Iowa fans going crazy with playoff talk, the string "playoff" appears in exactly 3 out of 216 comments. The string "champ" appears in 5 comments, one of which is about Nate Kaeding being on a state championship soccer team in high school. And in context it’s clear that they are part of a hypothetical conversations about if a 13-0 Iowa team could be left out of the playoffs. The participants in that conversation also said, in essence, that this doesn’t even begin to become a serious discussion unless we beat Wisconsin in two weeks."

Latest posts