Only thing missing from ISU's black uniforms today

Clowns got lucky they did not play Iowa or they would have had another loss. But, they competed quite well for them this year. Congratulations on your best season ever...9-3....a fairly average year for Iowa.

What's funny is the fact the more ISUx wins this year, the more agitated the fan base gets since they didn't get to "beat" Iowa.

I say, feed the psychosis....tell them if they had only played and beaten Iowa, they might be in the CFP!

To be honest I haven’t missed playing the game at all and if Iowa State was smart we’d cancel the game for next year too.

Congrats on your decent success. That's the best I can do.

Iowa State is going to finish in the top 10 after winning the fiesta bowl. I bet there are literally zero people on this board who thought that sentence was possible. Quite frankly I have personally enjoyed not playing Iowa and I’ve enjoyed a lot of laughs about Iowa fans’ concern with our school colors. That’s brought me a lot of joy so I’d love to thank internet Iowa fans for that constant source of joy this year.

Iowa State is going to finish in the top 10 after winning the fiesta bowl. I bet there are literally zero people on this board who thought that sentence was possible. Quite frankly I have personally enjoyed not playing Iowa and I’ve enjoyed a lot of laughs about Iowa fans’ concern with our school colors. That’s brought me a lot of joy so I’d love to thank internet Iowa fans for that constant source of joy this year.
I agree you guys did things way out of character for you this year (still a fairly upper average year for us and we have a number of them). But, seriously, what is up with the black color scheme?

Last edited:
Lol Enjoy your win while it lasts because 2020 will not happen again for another 100 years. If you don't think clowns wouldn't go bananas if the Hawks wore red your crazy! There would be a thread 50 pages long in 10 minutes. I'm sure a lot of clowns will be laughing. I know I'm laughing at you wanabeeeees.

I agree you guys did things way out of character for you this year (still a fairly upper average year for us and we have a number of them). But, seriously, what is up with the black color scheme?

Campbell and the players like it. They voted as a team and wanted to wear the all blacks. That’s literally it. Funny thing was that Oregon was going to wear black uniforms in this game until Iowa State decided they were going to and they had to switch.

Who would have thought that 1/2 of the teams in the country did not have a serious football season?
Who would have thought an 8-3 team with a lopsided loss to Louisiana at home would ever play in a New Years Six Game?
Who would have thought their opponent would be a 4-2 team who finished 3rd in their own division of the Pac 12?
I recall a day when the "BCS type" bowl games had the elite teams in the country playing in them, not just whoever was available to play. Happy for you Bryce since ISU fans have endured a miserable existence in regard to football for a long time. You deserve a little sunshine, (even thought you know in your heart there is an * the size of Alaska next to this Fiesta Bowl win) Congrats and enjoy the basketball season.

Last edited:
The only thing Iowa had to do to be in our position is beat a bad Purdue team.

All of the teams people thought should have been in the NY6 over Iowa State, Coastal, Indiana, etc all lost.

As for the BCS bowls only taking the top teams, well your memory is bad because the Big East had an auto bid and sent several 7-5 type teams to these types of bowls.

Every rating service had Iowa State around #10 in the country before the game. Zero asterisk from me but I can see why Iowa fans would want to apply one.

All of the teams people thought should have been in the NY6 over Iowa State, Coastal, Indiana, etc all lost.

Nah, beating Purdue wouldn't have moved Iowa to NY6. The B1G wasn't getting two big berths this year no matter what.

Coastal, or the team who beat them, Liberty, would have also beaten Oregon. Nice game yesterday and congrats on the big win.

Congrats to ISU. Seriously. It's a big deal for a program that has historically sucked for, well, i guess since their inception. Earle Bruce had a few good teams, as did Dan McCarney...but couldn't sustain anything. This is good for that program as Campbell appears to have a plan for longevity. I hope he keeps building...it makes our game more important. Eventually though...at some point...Campbell has to beat Iowa. He just does. You can't be 0-4 against your main rival and think you have arrived. Essentially, you play second fiddle in the state if you can't beat your instate rival.

Let's face the facts though...Oregon is a horrible football team and was an ideal match up. That offense couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. My god, that was really bad football. I know ISU's defense is good...they are...but you can't watch that Oregon offense and wonder...just how bad is the PAC-12. How do they beat USC?

As for the BCS bowls only taking the top teams, well your memory is bad because the Big East had an auto bid and sent several 7-5 type teams to these types of bowls.

Every rating service had Iowa State around #10 in the country before the game. Zero asterisk from me but I can see why Iowa fans would want to apply one.
Seriously? Do you really feel Oregon was even a bowl worthy team, much less a New Years Six Bowl Team? A 7-5 Big East Team was at least a legitimate Champion of a league. Oregon only played 1/2 of a season and only played because THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE TO PLAY IN THEIR TITLE GAME. They were a third place team in their own division. *****s all over this shit stain of a season. Hell, the fact that Iowa will probably finish ranked about 13th is silly and again illustrates what a joke this entire season has been. Iowa has had much better teams that have not finished ranked so highly.

It has been such a weird year. I don't know how much credibility I can put on it. If Iowa was in a similar boat I would be defensive about it as well....but, man that top 10 finish feels kinda weak.