One last closing note on Nebby in 2015 ...

Hawk1960

1 Win and 5 losses to Big Ten West opponents. Those days of easy wins in the old Big 8 are long gone boys.

They were several plays away from being an 8 win team. They beat MSU, they were better in many ways than Iowa last night.

Last year Iowa muddled into a bowl game and got destroyed by a pretty mediocre team.

Things go in cycles. We are enjoying a dream right now, rolls could reverse very soon. I'm thrilled we won this year.

They were several plays away from being an 8 win team. They beat MSU, they were better in many ways than Iowa last night.

Last year Iowa muddled into a bowl game and got destroyed by a pretty mediocre team.

Things go in cycles. We are enjoying a dream right now, rolls could reverse very soon. I'm thrilled we won this year.

The same thing can be said about Iowa. Rarely has a KF team been beaten by much. Even last year we were within several plays from beating most teams on the schedule. This year we had a leader on the sidelines and on the field.

Exactly. If Agee guys step up for Nebby they could be pretty dam good. They have shown the ability to be resilient and improve as the year went on.

In what ways was Nebraska better? Running the ball? No. Passing the ball? No. Stopping the run? No. Stopping the pass?No. Getting some yards throwing against 7-8 dropping between the 30s? Ok, give em that one

Did you watch the game? Iowa was clearly the smarter more seasoned team last night and THAT was the difference.

Take away a couple bad angles from their linebackers, Armstrong takes a few losses instead of throwing punts and you see a team that might have beaten us.

Look, I think Iowa beats them THISyear 7 out of 10 times but don't kid yourself into thinking there is nothing to be optimistic about in Lincoln.

They have a bunch of idiotic fans who continue to spew facts about their past in order to change the subject about the present. They also have some fans who are decent. However, the initial group I mentioned is so freaking obnoxious that, yes, their fan base gets a really bad rep and rightfully so in my opinion. Their success was a LONG time ago. Get over it and accept the present. Give credit where it's due and stop acting like your team is something that it's not. Things changed a long time ago. Wake up and join us in reality.

They have a bunch of idiotic fans who continue to spew facts about their past in order to change the subject about the present. They also have some fans who are decent. However, the initial group I mentioned is so freaking obnoxious that, yes, their fan base gets a really bad rep and rightfully so in my opinion. Their success was a LONG time ago. Get over it and accept the present. Give credit where it's due and stop acting like your team is something that it's not. Things changed a long time ago. Wake up and join us in reality.

My $0.02

Every fan base has their idiots, every team in every sport. Go to any message board and you will see the exact same types of posts from the same types of personalities, just change the team names and you'd never know the difference. Unfortunately, it's the ones who are the most idiotic that happen to also be the most vocal and most likely to talk ****. The fact that this can all be done now in anonymity just makes it worse. For the Husker fan base, I could be wrong, but I think the rise in things like message boards around the same time a new generation of fans came onboard in the 90s when the program was experiencing an incredible amount of success, was a combination that earned a bad online reputation. The older fans who were there before the 90s, in general, were less likely to use, much less hide behind a keyboard. Now, if your bad experiences with Husker fans are coming from in person interactions, then I'm completely out in left field and I'm willing to concede that we are all bat **** crazy and I don't see it because I'm in it..

Nebraska suffered from horrible QB play while Iowa made the plays they needed to make. There is going to be much gnashing going on in the Nebraska camp this winter.

I went to the game (and the prior to Iowa games in Lincoln) and have been treated better there than any other road venue in the Big Ten. Message board loud mouths give Nebraska fans a bad name, but in person, their fans are some of the nicest, most welcoming and I'll say it....most knowledgeable fans about the game. Their passion for football is second to none (they put 90,000 in the stands for 5-7 teams....that says something to me). I will always take a trip to Lincoln for a game.

I just hope Iowa wins its last game this year. That will be a great way to wrap this year up.

Now the competition steps up a couple of notches. The teams iowa will play hence forth will not beat themselves. the really great teams find an extra gear this time of year. We saw flashes of it in Lincoln. Passing game needs to be more productive.

In what ways was Nebraska better? Running the ball? No. Passing the ball? No. Stopping the run? No. Stopping the pass?No. Getting some yards throwing against 7-8 dropping between the 30s? Ok, give em that one

Nebraska outgained Iowa by nearly 200 yards, held Iowa without a third down conversion for the entire game, and didn't allow a first down in the fourth quarter. Armstrong made some bonehead throws and Iowa took advantage of those mistakes. But Nebraska did outplay us in several ways. Turnovers are great equalizers.

Nebraska outgained Iowa by nearly 200 yards, held Iowa without a third down conversion for the entire game, and didn't allow a first down in the fourth quarter. Armstrong made some bonehead throws and Iowa took advantage of those mistakes. But Nebraska did outplay us in several ways. Turnovers are great equalizers.

I want to puke reading the statistics of the game, but alas all that matters is the W at the end of the day. Those 4 turnovers obviously hurt pretty bad.

I want to puke reading the statistics of the game, but alas all that matters is the W at the end of the day. Those 4 turnovers obviously hurt pretty bad.

Obviously, the W is what matters for the team. But it doesn't refute train's point that Nebraska was a better team than their record indicated.

Obviously, the W is what matters for the team. But it doesn't refute train's point that Nebraska was a better team than their record indicated.

Wrong. Their record reflected their play perfectly. They were one of the most penalized teams in the country all year. They were one of the most turnover prone teams all year. This was not an anomaly game.

Those are critical parts of the game and their failure to be even somewhat competent in those areas are big reasons why they were a crappy also ran team.

Additionally, "everybody go deep and I'll chuck it" is a strategy that leads to a lot of yards, turnovers, and losses. So does "I'll just run around, close my eyes,and throw rather than take a sack." Their hyper aggressive quarterbacking led to some nice yards but always killed them in the long run.

Wrong. Their record reflected their play perfectly. They were one of the most penalized teams in the country all year. They were one of the most turnover prone teams all year. This was not an anomaly game.

Those are critical parts of the game and their failure to be even somewhat competent in those areas are big reasons why they were a crappy also ran team.

Additionally, "everybody go deep and I'll chuck it" is a strategy that leads to a lot of yards, turnovers, and losses. So does "I'll just run around, close my eyes,and throw rather than take a sack." Their hyper aggressive quarterbacking led to some nice yards but always killed them in the long run.

I agree. And to quote the philosopher Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are".

How many Husker fans does it take to change a light bulb?

They don't. They just brag about how bright the old one was.

Latest posts