ONE AND DONE

I'm okay with the trade off... if a loss in the BT Tournament means 2 wins in the NCAA Tournament.
It would be another "totally redeem yourself" moment. Fran badly needs to do something to get this 500 pound gorilla off his back.

The good news is me mostly lose to bad teams this year. Hopefully we only play good teams in the tournament.
It likely won’t happen, but it’s kind of how things work right? Maybe for once It would be the year Iowa caught a team with their own identity problem that can’t score? I don’t count on it but don’t count it out either. That’s why I’m just like, get there. I’m excited to be watching Iowa play next week and I’m in favor of making that happen as much as possible

Responses like this drive me batty. What’s it to you when people post? What does it really matter?
Because it drives you batty, that's why.

You went ballistic when I pointed out that Kirk's teams have averaged more ppg than Hayden's, just to name one example.

If I had said that to your face in a bar you would probably have threatened to tear my head off.

No, the real reason is constant bitchers and whiners have no place for me. Those who constantly bitch and whine about sports probably bitch about their jobs, restaurants, neighbors, everything else.

I may not always approve of Fran or Kirk, but I certainly wouldn't act like I know their job better, or that their losses hurt me more than them, and that they don't care as long as their contracts are extended and their kids represent. And I definitely don't see Hayden and Davis through rose colored glasses. Then I back up my premises with the facts that piss off people like you and the OP and the guy I got into it over Kirk about five weeks ago to no end.

@Caddy was the worst. His vitriol was relentless and he was an expert on everything, including the medical field and topics in the open discussion forum. He bragged for three weeks that USC's athleticism would be too much to handle before the 2019 Holiday Bowl, then wasn't man enough to face rhe music when we destroyed them with athleticism. Year before, Mississippi State was supposed to be too physical for us. It was rheir receivers growing alligator arms because they were getting knocked out of the game by our d-backs. He disappeared rhen as well.

Responses like this drive me batty. What’s it to you when people post? What does it really matter?
Because it’s a sports forum on the internet. What’s it to you what @Northside Hawk posts?

You can come here and do nothing but bash the Hawkeyes but he can’t reply to it? Or he has to rely in a way that you approve of? That’s not how this works, amigo.

The good news is me mostly lose to bad teams this year. Hopefully we only play good teams in the tournament.
Maybe THAT explains the loss last year to a terrible Richmond team lol:)

If the Hawks draw an Ar Kan Sas type team were done. Better than 60% odds the road ends next game.

They were one flipped match off in the Big Tens. Now I agree that's where they will probably stay but thats not FAR off.
The problem Hawks wrestling is facing isn't what we see this year. It's what's coming down the pipeline.

Cael has F-you money when it comes to recruiting, and Iowa doesn't. That's a big, big problem.

Iowa did have a chance to stay close #2 next year and maybe beyond, but with Spencer leaving and Woods/Cassioppi next year it's REALLY bleak. We lost the arguable p4p best wrestling recruit in the country, and Keuter isn't going to be wrestling; he's going to be an NFL linebacker.

We need to hit the portal hard, and our new wrestling facility is probably too late to make a difference. Should've happened 5 years ago when our dream lineup at the time could've persuaded guys to come here. It also doesn't help when you have guys like Gilman and Ramos trash talking Iowa to every recruit who'll come within earshot.

Because it drives you batty, that's why.

You went ballistic when I pointed out that Kirk's teams have averaged more ppg than Hayden's, just to name one example.

If I had said that to your face in a bar you would probably have threatened to tear my head off.

No, the real reason is constant bitchers and whiners have no place for me. Those who constantly bitch and whine about sports probably bitch about their jobs, restaurants, neighbors, everything else.

I may not always approve of Fran or Kirk, but I certainly wouldn't act like I know their job better, or that their losses hurt me more than them, and that they don't care as long as their contracts are extended and their kids represent. And I definitely don't see Hayden and Davis through rose colored glasses. Then I back up my premises with the facts that piss off people like you and the OP and the guy I got into it over Kirk about five weeks ago to no end.

@Caddy was the worst. His vitriol was relentless and he was an expert on everything, including the medical field and topics in the open discussion forum. He bragged for three weeks that USC's athleticism would be too much to handle before the 2019 Holiday Bowl, then wasn't man enough to face rhe music when we destroyed them with athleticism. Year before, Mississippi State was supposed to be too physical for us. It was rheir receivers growing alligator arms because they were getting knocked out of the game by our d-backs. He disappeared rhen as well.

Solid.

Latest posts