ON THE RECORD: My Final FB Predictio & Yours

Damn, I hope you're right. That would be pretty cool.

I think Iowa goes 10-2.

Losses to Arizona & Ohio St.

Edit: I think they'll be in a BCS bowl but I believe OSU will be in the NC game so I'm not sure how that Rose Bowl rule will play out.

Since we're going on record, I'll say Fiesta Bowl vs Texas. Give Iowa a month to prepare and they are going to beat most teams this season. So I say a victory here.

11-2 Fiesta Bowl win.

Last edited:
Jon Miller,

What the heck are you trying to do to heart sir. I read your predictions and my adreneline is raging through my veins. Never seen such a prediction so bold from you my friend, and I only can pray that this comes to fruition. It would be an unthinkable, uncomprehendable dream come true just to make it to the big game. My life might end this year thanks to the Hawks! :) Man you have some brass buddy!

11-1 and Iowa misses the Rose Bowl again because of those Da*m Buckeyes.

10-2

The 2 losses come within this group(mich.st, wisconsin, ohio st. northwestern).

Wegher redshirts

Iowa v. Oklahoma/Texas whoever loses that game in the fiesta bowl.

IOWA 30, Eastern Illinois 7
IOWA 24, Iowa State 6
ARIZONA 20, Iowa 12
IOWA 41, Ball State 0
IOWA 26, Penn State 16
Iowa 27, MICHIGAN 21
IOWA 17, Wisconsin 14
IOWA 24, Michigan State 23
Iowa 34, INDIANA 26
Iowa 30, NORTHWESTERN 14
Ohio State 20, IOWA 10
Iowa 38, MINNESOTA 13

Iowa finishes 7-1/10-2. Ohio State wins the Big 10 and plays in the Rose Bowl. Iowa lands in the Sugar Bowl for the first time.

Looks good on paper. Lets play the games out an enjoy this wonderful team. This will be the best Hawkeye team since Hayden Fry's 85 team.

IOWA 42 – Eastern Illinois 0

IOWA 27 – Iowa State 10
: I pretty much agree with Jon here. I don't think ISU can stop Iowa and ISU will not be able to move the move with consistency against the Iowa defense.

Arizona 31 IOWA 21
I agree a very pivotal game. I think this is one of two speed bumps that stands out for me. If Iowa comes out of the desert with a W, the sky is the limit. Unfortunately, strange things happen when Big Ten teams play out west in the preseason. I think Ferentz will have the team more prepared as compared to the disaster that happened with ASU back in 04, but Arizona has this game marked. Iowa does too, but Arizona will be a better football team than we played last year. Arizona will also have two night games under its belt before they play Iowa. I don't think the defense will give up long drives, but offensive turnovers (and special teams) will result in several Arizona touchdowns.

IOWA 38 – Ball State 3

IOWA 31 – Penn State 10
Penn St does not have the players to compete with Iowa this year. Plain and simple. And, it is at home.
BYE

Michigan 20 Iowa 17
I agree with Jon, this is the second pivotal game I see on Iowa's schedule. I also agree that what Michigan team shows up for this game will have an impact on the results. However, I can see a Michigan team this year trying to find away to away to make this Rich Rod thing work. A win against Iowa could help that cause. Of course, just as easily, Michigan maybe hoping to dump Rich Rod (if they tank early on) so they can get Michigan Man, Jim Harbaugh, in from Stanford.

My biggest problem with this game for Iowa is that Iowa has not knocked off Michigan and Ohio St in the same season in like forever. Michigan and Rich Rod may really need this win and Iowa does a flip flop this year of playing much better at home vs on the road.

IOWA 19 – Wisconsin 10 Iowa beats Wisconsin in a fairly defensive slugfest.

IOWA 31 – Michigan State 17 Another possible game that has to be watched, but I think Iowa pulls away late here. I like Jon's prediction.

Iowa 21 – Indiana 18 Indiana is proving to be a very tough game for Iowa, but we win it.

Iowa 32 – Northwestern 17
A pay back game for Iowa.

IOWA 30 – Ohio State 27:
Iowa is a better team than Ohio St and wins at home. I believe Ohio St will drop to both Wisconsin and Iowa this year. I would not count out OSU dropping to the Canes either.

Iowa 31 – Minnesota 6: I like Jon's prediction here.

Rose Bowl: Iowa vs either Oregon, Stanford, or Arizona in a re-match.

Last edited:
IOWA 30, Eastern Illinois 7
IOWA 24, Iowa State 6
ARIZONA 20, Iowa 12
IOWA 41, Ball State 0
IOWA 26, Penn State 16
Iowa 27, MICHIGAN 21
IOWA 17, Wisconsin 14
IOWA 24, Michigan State 23
Iowa 34, INDIANA 26
Iowa 30, NORTHWESTERN 14
Ohio State 20, IOWA 10
Iowa 38, MINNESOTA 13

Iowa finishes 7-1/10-2. Ohio State wins the Big 10 and plays in the Rose Bowl. Iowa lands in the Sugar Bowl for the first time.

Iowa 41 Eastern 10
Iowa 20 ISU 9- Iowa does not give up TD's to ISU...again.
Iowa 23 AZ 21- a barnburner that could go either way.
Iowa 27 PSU 20- PSU burns to beat Iowa..not easy.
Iowa 24 Mich 21- The Big House makes this closer than it should be
Iowa 38 Wis 24- shootout in Kinnick
Iowa 17 MSU 14- Greg Jones and co. are best defense Hawk face til OSU
Iowa 31 IU 17- Bill Lynch will be angry again on the sideline.
Iowa 48 NW 13- Iowa has their typical once every 5 yrs blowout of NW.
Iowa 31 OSU 28 OT...deju vu,but this time Iowa blocks the OSU fg in OT.
Iowa 52 Minn 6...huge smackdown of the hapless Gophers on a 51 degree sunny day in GTFO Stadium.

I know this is a bit optimistic,but game by game, I think Iowa could be favored every week,sans OSU...and I just think we are due to win one from the Buckeyes.

Now, that said, part of a dream season is having minimal injuries, and so that is the huge caveat here.
If we stay healthy, I think we could run the table.
But we could lose to Mich,PSU,MSU,Wis,OSU or NW so we do need a lot of good breaks to pull it off.
I have Iowa vs OSU in a re-match in the title game as the conference title games knock Bama,OK and VA Tech outta the running...Iowa 37 OSU 34 in an epic 2 OT game. God Bless our Boys!

I think 11-1. We always drop 1 that we shouldn't. I feel NW is our nemisis to this season which will take us out of National Champion game contention. But go to the Rose Bowl via the tie-breakers.

I am going to be the "downer" of the group I guess. I just have an uneasy feeling about this season. Maybe if they go down to AZ and look good I will start to relax, but right now I am just not sensing the historic season that everyone else is. I will welcome all the bashing if I am wrong.

E. Illinois W (37-16)
Iowa State W (27-17)
@Arizona L (17-31)
Ball State W (45-10)
Penn State W (24-20)
@Michigan L (14-24)
Wisconsin L (20-21)
Michigan St W (17-14)
@Indiana W (34-20)
@NW W (42-27)
Ohio State L (24-26)
@Minn W (35-17)

8-4 (5-3) Gator Bowl

Iowa 42, Eastern Illinois 3 I'm thinking that EIU will get a FG against the backups, late 3rd quarter.

Iowa 27, ISU 9- The game will be a little closer than the score would indicate, as Iowa takes until the second half to pull away. The TD-less streak continues for ISU.

Iowa 24, Arizona 17- It'll be tight, but I think we pull it out. Arizona just has to replace too much on defense (both personnel and Stoops as DC).

Iowa 35, Ball State 0-A good final tune-up for Big Ten play.

Iowa 30, Penn State 13- PSU just doesn't have the horses this year. Good receivers, but questions at QB and defenses geared to stop Royster will hold back the offense. Keenan Davis has his breakout game, catching 5 balls for 93 yards and 2 TD's.

Iowa 24, Michigan 20- This game worries me. UM's defense should be pretty lousy, but I think we have a couple ill-timed turnovers that set up the Wolverines with a short field. And giving the keys to Denard Robinson for the whole game really scares me. He was lighting us up on the ground in the 4th quarter last year.

Iowa 21, Wisconsin 17- Defensive slugfest. Clay will stay in the game and keep the Badger offense moving with some consistency, but Hampton does the same for the Hawks and puts the Badgers away in the 4th quarter.

Iowa 20, Michigan State 13-Cousins and the Spartan offense pose a serious threat. The Greg Jones-led defense will keep the game within reach, but the Hawks salt this one away to go 8-0 for the second straight year.

Iowa 23, Indiana 14- The Hawks have struggled with this bunch lately, and again, the game will not be decided early.

Iowa 27, Northwestern 10- I'm actually not sure that this will happen, but it makes me feel good to say it will.

Iowa 21, Ohio State 27- I could see this going either way, but I'm not sure enough about going 12-0 to say we win this one.

Iowa 31, Minnesota 7- Hawks bounce back and build momentum going into the bowl game.

Ohio State goes to the national championship game to play Boise State (I think 'Bama, Florida, and Texas all lose at least once), thereby letting Iowa go to the Rose Bowl to play Oregon State (who finishes 10-2 with losses to Boise State and Stanford). Iowa 24, Oregon State 10.

Below is my prediction for the 2010 IOWA HAWKEYES Football Season.

IOWA 44 – Eastern Illinois 0
IOWA 31 – Iowa State 9
Iowa 24 – Arizona 13
IOWA 37 – Ball State 0
IOWA 23 – Penn State 10
BYE WEEK
Iowa 30 – Michigan 17
IOWA 24 – Wisconsin 17
IOWA 34 – Michigan State 20
Iowa 35 – Indiana 20
Iowa 30 – Northwestern 14
IOWA 23 – Ohio State 20
Iowa 27 – Minnesota 10

IOWA goes 12-0 and plays in the National Championship Game. Doesn't matter who the Hawks play because they are going to win!

PREDICTED SCORING OFFENSE: 30.16
PREDICTED SCORING DEFENSE: 12.50

Last edited:
Ok, I'll bite:

Eastern Illinois W 41-10-- first blowout in a long time
ISU W 37-20-- ISU finally gets in the endzone but we are in command most of the game.
@Arizona W 24-17 -- This is my most shaky pick. I hate when we go west.
Ball State W 38-7 -- Should be an easy one.
Penn State W 23-17-- Closer than we would like but a win.
@Michigan W 31-21-- Michigan is a team that could move the ball on us. But that defense is weak.
Wisconsin W 27-13-- I'm not sold on them.
Michigan State W 26-20-- Watch out for this one.
@ Indiana W 38-20-- By this time, Indiana's defense will be in shambles.
@ Northwestern W 28-17-- As long as we hold onto the ball.
Ohio State L 17-20-- Biggest game in Kinnick maybe ever. But we lose.
@ Minnesota W 29-16-- Brewster's last game?

11-1 with a trip to the Rose Bowl as Ohio State goes to BCS Championship. Caveat: This is AS LONG AS WE STAY RELATIVELY HEALTHY. If injuries pop up then the record goes down.

I'm usually pretty much a pessimist when it comes to the season but this year I'm feeling it.
I predicted 6-6 before last year so take my picks with a grain of salt.
In reality we could go anywhere from 7-5 to 12-0 but I'll put my neck out on this one.

Iowa 45, Eastern Illinois 0 (Mossbrucker misses a field goal, Murray makes one field goal, Murray secures the kicking job for the rest of the season)

Iowa 38, Iowa State 3 (ISU gets a late BS field goal)

Iowa 31, Arizona 10 (once again, a late BS touchdown by Arizona)

Iowa 42, Ball State 0

Iowa 24, Penn State 7 (Penn State scores on a pick 6)

Iowa 33, Michigan 21

Iowa 27, Wisconsin 13 (Clay gets murdered by Clayborn early, Wisconsin's offense is ineffective afterwards)

Iowa 31, Michigan State 10 (McNutt catches 3 touchdowns & has over 200 yards receiving)

Iowa 38, Indiana 6 (IT'S INDIANA!!!!)

Iowa 35, Northwestern 9 (Stanzi has his revenge)

Iowa 30, Ohio State 14 (We dismantle Ohio State. Pryor no longer has any Heisman hopes)

Iowa 55, Minnesota 0 (This time without Shonn Greene)

That's right. Undefeated, dominant, and glorious!

I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say we beat whoever we play in the national championship by more than 2 touchdowns.

I'm going with Jon on this one. No scores cause I am lousy at that and the only thing that matters is the big W. I can't wait !!

Latest posts