On Salter Visiting Hawaii...

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Rob Howe of HawkeyeInsider recently wrote that Salter has set up a visit to Hawaii.

Today, I get the feeling that Iowa is going to look another direction, partly because of this, if he makes that visit...I think they heard one thing from him when he was in town, and then this visit popped up...not 100% sure, but sounding like it's the case.

Last edited:
Maybe he, like the rest of us, wanted a free vacation to Hawaii. What is so wrong with that. I'm sure he isn't the first recruit that Hawaii has flown out there on the premise of an official visit who had already made up there mind to go somewhere else.

Maybe he, like the rest of us, wanted a free vacation to Hawaii. What is so wrong with that. I'm sure he isn't the first recruit that Hawaii has flown out there on the premise of an official visit who had already made up there mind to go somewhere else.

Nothing is "so wrong with that"...unless he told the Iowa staff one thing, then turns around and does something else.

Too bad. I really liked Salter's game. If he takes that visit he's trading up a spot to play for a staff with 41 years of head coaching experience, little depth at point guard and in the B10. not smart, anthony, not smart.

Jon--are you saying he didn't tell Iowa about going to Hawaii? So Iowa cut ties?

Or are you saying Iowa has cut him loose and now he is going to visit Hawaii?

Thanks

One thing I didn't like was that last week he said he was going to use one 'maybe' two more scholarships on this class. Now he is saying he would like to get 'at least' one player.

At the time I said he was smart enough not to say he was going to use a scholarship if he wasn't sure. Now, it sounds as if he isn't sure. This could perhaps be the first sign that he might have underestimated the job ahead.

One thing I didn't like was that last week he said he was going to use one 'maybe' two more scholarships on this class. Now he is saying he would like to get 'at least' one player.

At the time I said he was smart enough not to say he was going to use a scholarship if he wasn't sure. Now, it sounds as if he isn't sure. This could perhaps be the first sign that he might have underestimated the job ahead.

Or it could be the first sign that you're greatly over thinking it...:p

Ain't nothing wrong with makn it rain!!!

I imagine Caff wasn't upset that Salter was trying to make it rain, he was probably upset that Salter was trying to make it rain with a whopping $500.

You have to bring more than that Salty...

(Or maybe it was the teddy bear in the background?)

Last edited:
Oh boy the return of CityBoyz......maybe Iowa would be better off picking up Ware and calling it good and turn it's attention to the 2011 and 2012 classes.....Sherman might have ideas on kids so we would have four scholarships available for the 2011 class.

In the article (linked below) it said:
------------------------------
McCaffery said that in a perfect world he'd sign one or two more players before the spring signing period ends May 19.

"But if it's not the right fit, we'll go with what we have,'' McCaffery said. "I think we need another guard. We only have three right now. And maybe one more big."

Iowa basketball: Fran McCaffery moves Hawkeyes in new direction | desmoinesregister.com | The Des Moines Register

This is what he said today. But it is NOT what he was reported to say last week. Last week he was reported to clearly say he was going to use at least one scholarship on this class and possibly two.

I actually agree with what he said today. As I said earlier, I was surprised that he came out and said he was going to use a scholarship when it was reported last week. I said at that point that I didn't think he would be the type to come out and say something like that without being sure. One week later he sounds far from sure.

This reminds me of his "everyone is excited" comment, when asked about the returning players and the signed recruits. Clearly everyone was NOT excited.

I don't know if this is a press accuracy issue, or if he talks a little loose, but this is the second time he has reportedly said something from which he has rather quickly backtracked.

Now before you all get riled up, I am not hating on FM. I am only stating facts. If you have facts that contradict my comments, please share.

Last edited:
This is what he said today. But it is NOT what he was reported to say last week. Last week he was reported to clearly say he was going to use at least one scholarship on this class and possibly two.

I actually agree with what he said today. As I said earlier, I was surprised that he came out and said he was going to use a scholarship when it was reported last week. I said at that point that I didn't think he would be the type to come out and say something like that without being sure. One week later he sounds far from sure.

This reminds me of his "everyone is excited" comment, when asked about the returning players and the signed recruits. Clearly everyone was NOT excited.

I don't know if this is a press accuracy issue, or if he talks a little loose, but this is the second time he has reportedly said something from which he has rather quickly backtracked.

Now before you all get riled up, I am not hating on FM. I am only stating facts. If you have facts that contradict my comments, please share.

Props to you for pointing out these two instances... However, I'm not sure if I can hate for Fran not stalking a kids myspace page for photos of him making it rain... especially in desperate measures... Lesson learned lets move on... I hope

Latest posts