Olympic swimming team

WildTurkey

Im watching the US Olympic swimming trials on NBC.. The US athletes as a group are fast all across the board!. To even make the US team is quite an accomplishment! USA!

Im watching the US Olympic swimming trials on NBC.. The US athletes as a group are fast all across the board!. To even make the US team is quite an accomplishment! USA!

only top two per event make it. that would suck being #3 behind Phelps and Lochte.

would have fun to be able to see the meet in person in omaha...big names in the pool.

only top two per event make it. that would suck being #3 behind Phelps and Lochte.would have fun to be able to see the meet in person in omaha...big names in the pool.
Still another day tommarrow of finals. Might just be worth the trip. Im sure its all sold out however

Also, haven't seen this mentioned but former Iowa swimmer Conor Dwyer qualified for the olympics during last night's trials. He is no longer with the team as he went to Florida to train with Lochte but for any former Iowa athlete qualify for the olympics is a rare accomplishment.

Is it just me or is Phelps slowing down? i wonder if he is just holding it all in for the Games.. Very fast american swimmers overall. Some of the guys getting 5th place would represent a lot of other countrys as Olympians.

Is it just me or is Phelps slowing down? i wonder if he is just holding it all in for the Games.. Very fast american swimmers overall. Some of the guys getting 5th place would represent a lot of other countrys as Olympians.
This is his fourth olympics so he is probably starting to slow down a bit.

He would play for the Cubs. They are turrible. :)

Is the samarja (I know spelling is wrong, who cares) experiment just about over? Cripes. Talk about a lot of sizzle for no steak. Typical noter lame BS.

Is the samarja (I know spelling is wrong, who cares) experiment just about over? Cripes. Talk about a lot of sizzle for no steak. Typical noter lame BS.
Tough month for Jeff S (see what I did there :) ). He's young and hopefully he can learn from this. Might as well keep running him out there. He may be their best when/if they trade Demptster and Garza.

Tough month for Jeff S (see what I did there :) ). He's young and hopefully he can learn from this. Might as well keep running him out there. He may be their best when/if they trade Demptster and Garza.

I admire your eternal optimism. But you already knew that. :)

Also, haven't seen this mentioned but former Iowa swimmer Conor Dwyer qualified for the olympics during last night's trials. He is no longer with the team as he went to Florida to train with Lochte but for any former Iowa athlete qualify for the olympics is a rare accomplishment.

There are actually several current and former U of I swimmers competing this week. Ryan Phelan from CR Washington and Jordan Huff from Dubuque Senior are just a couple of them. We are going tomorrow to watch all three former Cedar Rapids swimmers (BJ Kolsrud and Katie Anton are the other two). Incredibly fast pool and incredibly fast competitors should make for an amazing morning of racing.