Oliver Martin

JFC, some of you guys are so stupid it's incredible.
045d4d98816853451d7f139e0c04112568988b80d4ca0d0bcea9f41df76d4fac.jpg

I think he'd be much better off playing next year for Iowa and then grad transferring. If he transfers again he'll have to sit out a full year and burn eligibility.

Regardless, theres not much playing time coming open next year if he isn't better than ISM, Tracy, Smith and Nico.
Can he grad transfer back to Michigan?

I think Martin will work himself into the line-up next year. Imagine lining up 5 WR set with Smith, Smith-Marsette, Ragaini, Tracy, and Martin? We have a chance to have the top receiving corps in the B1G next year. With all those guys lined up, just think what a pass to Goodson outta the backfield would accomplish! We also have Beyer and LaPorta returning with Miamen, Lachey and Yelverton in support. So many options to chose from. Maybe Petras or Mansell can give us a more explosive attack. The RB room will also be stocked and experienced. If our O-line can improve, watch out! Oh yeah, Duncan returns as our fail/safe option.
All do respect but Tracy better get grips or his ass should be on the bench or in WR school. He almost cost us the Nebby hame

Thanks for the answer and he has his work cut out for him bcuz ISM, BSmith, and Tracy are all very good receivers. Ragaini is also good. If Petras or the next QB is overall more accurate by just 5% completion percentage and they have time to throw the passing game could be pretty potent.

And Nate's percentage was bailed out/helped out a lot of times by Fant and TJ and others making some great catches on ball's slighly behind them or low.

It is funny sometimes what fans expect as last week on the second drive against Illinois I think it was Weiting breaking across the face of a defender and open at the endzone but Nate was low and behind him with a pretty fast pass. People in the stands thought that should have been an easy catch but I voiced my opinion that that is a very hard ball to catch, espcially for a lightly targeted TE. Nate has been a very good QB with just some ill timed accuracy issues but he has steadily improved.
Tracy has looked great at times, but far too many drops. Would like to see what Martin could do.

It's very possible Martin is injured.

YOU HAVE NO PROOF OF THIS!!!!! I MEAN IT IS OBVIOUS THAT KIRK AND BRIAN HATE OLIVER AND ARE PUTTING HIM IN THE DOG HOUSE EVEN THOUGH HE IS THE GREATEST WR THAT IOWA HAS EVER HAD ON IT'S ROSTER EVER!!!!!!

My gut feeling says he leaves Iowa after this year. All our receivers are back next year.

At this point does Martin think he will ever make it in the pros? probably not, so he should play where his heart is and where he can get the diploma he wants. That could easily be at Iowa.

I think Martin will work himself into the line-up next year. Imagine lining up 5 WR set with Smith, Smith-Marsette, Ragaini, Tracy, and Martin? We have a chance to have the top receiving corps in the B1G next year. With all those guys lined up, just think what a pass to Goodson outta the backfield would accomplish! We also have Beyer and LaPorta returning with Miamen, Lachey and Yelverton in support. So many options to chose from. Maybe Petras or Mansell can give us a more explosive attack. The RB room will also be stocked and experienced. If our O-line can improve, watch out! Oh yeah, Duncan returns as our fail/safe option.

Start counting to 11. If you have the 4 wideout set you are talking about and 5 linemen and a QB then there aint room for Goodson on the field. But I know what you are saying.

YOU HAVE NO PROOF OF THIS!!!!! I MEAN IT IS OBVIOUS THAT KIRK AND BRIAN HATE OLIVER AND ARE PUTTING HIM IN THE DOG HOUSE EVEN THOUGH HE IS THE GREATEST WR THAT IOWA HAS EVER HAD ON IT'S ROSTER EVER!!!!!!

Well this might be the weirdest response ever in relation to a post I typed.

Edit. I just realized you must be being sarcastic. Have you heard somewhere that he is actually hurt?

Well this might be the weirdest response ever in relation to a post I typed.

Edit. I just realized you must be being sarcastic. Have you heard somewhere that he is actually hurt?

Yeah that was sarcasm. No I haven't heard that he has been dinged up or hurt.

Not to mention, he didn't even get to campus until officially, summer camp. Not sure why people expected he would light it up immediately.

Pettway for ISU didn't show up until summer camp either and has 51 receptions for 622 yards and 6 TD's. Why wouldn't he at least be able to contribute?

Pettway for ISU didn't show up until summer camp either and has 51 receptions for 622 yards and 6 TD's. Why wouldn't he at least be able to contribute?

Pettway didn't have Smith, Smith, Rigani and Tracy in front of him. He really only had Jones in front of him that was better than him, so it was a much easier path to get reps at ISU than at Iowa.

Latest posts