Oliver Martin update

At this point I would say the odds of him coming to Iowa are about 5%. If he was solid on Iowa we wouldn't be a month from signing day with no commitment. He is looking at bigger name programs and I don't blame him. Davis staying as our OC is going to continue to hurt our chances of landing talented receivers.

At this point I would say the odds of him coming to Iowa are about 5%. If he was solid on Iowa we wouldn't be a month from signing day with no commitment. He is looking at bigger name programs and I don't blame him. Davis staying as our OC is going to continue to hurt our chances of landing talented receivers.

I agree. At this point it seems more like he is looking for anywhere else to go than just checking out his options.

magic_8ball.jpg

Lets face it this kid does NOT want to come to Iowa, that is pretty much a fact considering he keeps adding other schools to look at this late in the process..and really who can blame him, the Iowa staff doesn't give 2 rips about WR because they don't want to use them anything more than blockers anyway

Still holding out hope, but at this point it doesn't look good. I gotta believe the lack of WR in the offense is going to be the reason. I think he wants to come here, but knows it would be better to go to a offense that actually utilizes their athletes talents.

Maybe he just knows the Ferentz policy on no visits after committing, which is why he hasn't committed yet. And I can't blame a kid for wanting to go look at other schools. Think about your current career. If another company offered to fly you out to their location to tour their facilities and discuss future opportunities, would you turn that down or listen just in case you liked that place?

With that being said, I would not blame him at all if he went to MSU or Auburn or Notre Dame. Just look at Iowa's passing game. The last four games Beatherd had 34 completions for 350 yards. In 4 games!! A lot of schools do that in 1 week. So if you are a WR, would you really want to come to Iowa to be a blocker in the running game?

giphy.gif

Martin did an interview down at the Army AA Bowl. Seems like he is 50/50 on taking the OV to Auburn, and honestly I don't see them being a serious player. Sounds like it is ND, MSU and Iowa, and he said lots of very good things about Iowa, and not just about it being his hometown school.

Doesn't mean anything, but thought I'd pass it along.

Just passing along some information I got from someone I consider to be pretty reliable, so don't shoot the messenger. Hearing that yesterday the Iowa coaching staff moved on from Oliver Martin and are instead potentially entertaining other instate offers. Could Alphonso Soko make the call?

Just passing along some information I got from someone I consider to be pretty reliable, so don't shoot the messenger. Hearing that yesterday the Iowa coaching staff moved on from Oliver Martin and are instead potentially entertaining other instate offers. Could Alphonso Soko make the call?
bs

Auburn & Martin .............

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/01/auburn_recruiting_oliver_marti.html

Seems to me a program that just approaches him with an offer in the last couple weeks and is now being considered for a visit at this late stage would indicate Iowa has no more advantage landing him than anyone else and maybe less at this stage. Wouldn't be surprised if Iowa is now getting more serious about other candidates.

Latest posts