Oliver Martin Eligible

Wouldn't it be interesting if Iowa beats Mich in the Big Ten CCG, and Martin catches the winning TD pass.
Have you given any thought to after all the hand wringing over all of this, he barely plays at all? I mean it’s not like there haven’t been skill players under this regime that haven’t seen the field before or have been slow to have their number called

How is it possible that the NCAA approved this waiver? What was the argument that the lawyers used to get it approved?

From everything I have heard, Martin did not have any legitimate reasons for being granted a waiver.

I have to imagine hiring an attorney played a large part. As someone who works in the insurance industry we will often times just bite the bullet and approve a claim or grant a policy to someone with an attorney just because we don't want the headache of dealing with the nonsense that comes with attorneys.

How is it possible that the NCAA approved this waiver? What was the argument that the lawyers used to get it approved?

From everything I have heard, Martin did not have any legitimate reasons for being granted a waiver.

People have literally responded to you on this board multiple times giving legitimate reasons.

So all that ruckus over a guy who will have single digit receptions this year, according to you?
I don’t think I wrote it in s stone tablet.
It was a tongue-in-cheek prediction that with all that ruckus then the Iowa thing would happen and he would underperform.

I hope that’s okay with you

People have literally responded to you on this board multiple times giving legitimate reasons.

Ok I will drop it. Whatever the official reasons are, for the NCAA to approve the waiver, its obvious that Martin, his family, his lawyers, the Iowa staff, and the NCAA all want those reasons to remain private. I won"t ask again.

No rumors got him here, nobody on this board got him to Iowa so what the hell are some people peacocking about. Rob did the prudent thing and didn't announce until the i's were dotted. That's responsible journalism. I'm just happy Iowa got one in the win column with the NCAA. Without over-hyping Oliver this is a huge get for Iowa in an area of concern. If he stays healthy he could be the type of player to jump-start Iowa's offense. He looks so much better in Black/Gold.

We really need the dislike button again for posts like this.

“From everything you’ve heard”

This is not an all encompassing statement. We have no idea what this waiver was granted for. It could be a thousand reasons. From his health and wellness to family issues to abuse and mistreatment from Michigan’s end. From roommate harassment or a false #metoo claim, the real reasons are endless.

ISU fans are real salty about OM getting the waiver. It's funny because they think Bolton should get a waiver for basketball even though he has basically zero reasonable argument.

+1 I remember all the hype around him and you thought for sure they would rename the Heisman after Willie Guy

This isn't as far back as Willie Guy....but Richard "Big Human" Kitrell was a pretty big deal before he even stepped on campus....never played a down.

Latest posts