Oline has been on a downward spiral ever since Doyle left.

Scott Leclair

The oline coach, strength and condition coach and whoever has their mitts on the oline needs fired. No matter if the o line is young, old or a mixture of the 2, by game 5 they have always worked out the kinks and are plowing holes a truck could drive through. Now they seem to take 2 steps back after each game.. what freakin gives???

Doyle was the absolute best S&C coach who’s ever walked the planet. He’s not here anymore because he was found by the U to be abusive of players.

That’s likely at least partially why out team gets beat in the trenches. Is what it is.

Pretty simple what the deal is.

Anyone who starts a race/SJW/sociology discussion in this forum is gettin’ a ban. Take it to OT for that.

I double dog dare ya.

Doyle was the absolute best S&C coach who’s ever walked the planet. He’s not here anymore because he was found by the U to be abusive of players.

That’s likely at least partially why out team gets beat in the trenches. Is what it is.

Pretty simple what the deal is.

Anyone who starts a race/SJW/sociology discussion in this forum is gettin’ a ban. Take it to OT for that.

I double dog dare ya.

Ill never believe he found some holy grail of working out. He was a Kirk guy who operated like Kirk wanted and he never left so he made a ton of cash.

Scandal or not if he was the good he’s have a job.

Doyle was good at his job

A terrible person.

It is what it is. He's not a golden unicorn, there are similar people who can do what he did.
Sign me up for this as well. It goes a lot deeper than a S&C coach. The o-line has been a bunch of moving parts for years now.

False.

He got a job (Jaguars). He got fired from said job because he was an abusive person at best.

No one’s gonna touch that dude with a ten foot pole ever again.
Fry you are 2 faced. You just won't say it about the real source. You have a long term abuser on staff. Who is really the abuser?

Doyle used motivations to push players to the limit. That will not be repeated. The D line was sold but not spectacular. The team strengths were on the edges on D.

Sorry, but any o-line facing 7 defenders in the box and constant blitzes is going to suffer. No defense is scared of Pedras as a downfield threat or mobile threat. Its not all on the o-line.
This. Oline isn't great, and is young. Depth issues is on coaching and recruiting.

Schemes, qb personnel(mobility), etc can make an oline look a whole lot better.

Defenses not needing to be concerned with a qb that isn't mobile, and an offense that never goes vertical, can stack box, blitz, and crash every play.

This. Oline isn't great, and is young. Depth issues is on coaching and recruiting.

Defenses not needing to be concerned with a qb that isn't mobile, and an offense that never goes vertical, can stack box, blitz, and crash every play.
No mobile qb can make that line better. They look slow and undersized

We have all seen lesser programs have successful offensive production against P5 defenses.
No ones fault but the coaches.

Petras is capable. The o line is capable. Everybody else on offense is capable. They would all play on other teams and be productive.

No mobile qb can make that line better. They look slow and undersized
Any mobile QB can absolutely make this line look better. Fewer sacks/negative plays, a few scrambles for positive yards and passes completed on the move. All things a mobile QB can and would do better which would make the line's deficiencies less glaring.

An Illini fan pointed this out. Z Z
Any mobile QB can absolutely make this line look better. Fewer sacks/negative plays, a few scrambles for positive yards and passes completed on the move. All things a mobile QB can and would do better which would make the line's deficiencies less glaring.
Curious if you have seen them live? I haven't seen a line this bad for a long time. A good defense like Iowa generally going to eat up that mobile QB.

They are undersized, understrength, under-speed, and under fundamentals. I thought the way you are thinking until last night.

No way. This is the post Doyle world. In the end, maybe KF wasn't soo good with the line as he was having Doyle. Years ago, I read an NFL based report that Iowa linemen lacked certain fundamentals, but had strength and athleticism. Guessing that was actually true. It's not like these guys need a lot of help. The situation is bad. They aren't going to be able to manhandle anyone left on the schedule.

An Illini fan pointed this out. Z Z

Curious if you have seen them live? I haven't seen a line this bad for a long time. A good defense like Iowa generally going to eat up that mobile QB.

They are undersized, understrength, under-speed, and under fundamentals. I thought the way you are thinking until last night.

No way. This is the post Doyle world. In the end, maybe KF wasn't soo good with the line as he was having Doyle. Years ago, I read an NFL based report that Iowa linemen lacked certain fundamentals, but had strength and athleticism. Guessing that was actually true. It's not like these guys need a lot of help. The situation is bad. They aren't going to be able to manhandle anyone left on the schedule.
Yes, I saw them live this year at the SDSt game. They were horrible and certainly a big part of the problem. But every game there are 3-4 plays at least, that a mobile QB can give you a chance when the line blows it rather than just standing there to take the sack or either float the ball or dirt the ball in front of a pass rush.

Sorry, but any o-line facing 7 defenders in the box and constant blitzes is going to suffer. No defense is scared of Pedras as a downfield threat or mobile threat. Its not all on the o-line.
If you has the choice against Iowa, would you load the box and try to let Petras beat you or would you let Iowa run and take Petras out of the game?

I would add that we have receivers who don’t get open and too often, drop the ball.