Oline has been on a downward spiral ever since Doyle left.

If you has the choice against Iowa, would you load the box and try to let Petras beat you or would you let Iowa run and take Petras out of the game?
Load up the box and send 4 guys every time. Go 100% zone with a cover 3 because Petras can't get out of his own way and send the house. As swiss cheese as our OL is the Hawks would never have the time for a sweep our quick out to develop. As a high school coach you know that that's what good HS teams do as a generic template against bad teams, and it's what leads to 49-0 scores and running clocks.

I've wondered all year why DCs don't do that against us. No receiver threats + terrible QB + terrible OL = the recipe for double digit sacks.

I'm also getting the sinking feeling that it's what we will start to see soon.

Load up the box and send 4 guys every time. Go 100% zone with a cover 3 because Petras can't get out of his own way and send the house. As swiss cheese as our OL is the Hawks would never have the time for a sweep our quick out to develop. As a high school coach you know that that's what good HS teams do as a generic template against bad teams, and it's what leads to 49-0 scores and running clocks.

I've wondered all year why DCs don't do that against us. No receiver threats + terrible QB + terrible OL = the recipe for double digit sacks.

Meh, no sense in possibly making a mistake on defense. When you know you can win the game if you hit 10 points on offense just play whatever you're comfortable with on defense.

At our HS, our varsity and soph coaches send a blitzer on every single play. Just changes up who's blitzing, but someone is coming every single play.

Latest posts