Olesani and Katenda to announce

I was all in with Hubbard, so I haven't been following these two at all. Do we have any shot with either? Are we even interested at this point? Are they interested in us at all?

I think we have a better chance at Olesani. I don't believe he ever got the Oklahoma offer and I'm not sure who else he visited.

IF, a very Big IF, they come to Iowa, Fran has pulled the hat trick....

47-10626-F.jpg

This week is getting pretty darn interesting. If Iowa gets Olaseni on Tuesday we have filled those 2 scholarships Fran said we would. The third actually becomes realistic with Percy Gibson. MSU is no longer after him. I wonder if Fran would still pursue him because he wants the "best available" players, and he has some game, or if Fran goes after Kyan Anderson at pg instead? Anderson is a true pg and could really help play the backup role to take pressure off Cartwright.

Heres something ESPN said about Anderson, pretty interesting.
"Kyan is a scoring point guard who can also dish the ball and make teammates better. He has the ability to take over a game."
"He is prone to making questionable decisions, most likely due to being over confident at taking it to the basket."
"Kyan spends a large amount of his time concentrating on school work and working with a trainer to hone his skills and work on his strength and conditioning."

Kyan Anderson 2011 Basketball Recruiting Profile - ESPN

Sounds like this spring could have me even more excited for next winter!

Basically no shot with Katenda, Olesani have a shot if so Iowa will be signing three in the spring.
Phreek, after the past 4 yrs of Iowa BB its really hard to get ones hopes up but at the very least I sincerely appreciate your optimism and I hope you are correct.

I believe Katenda will go to Notre Dame. I have not felt confident about Olaseni and I still don't. I think Olaseni does not come to Iowa. Hope I'm wrong.

Notre Dame, they have been recruiting him for some time and the schools he seemed to be most interested in besides Iowa were all East Coast. Katenda could potentially start there as a freshman as well, with some graduation losses at Notre Dame.
It wouldn't surprise me if he went to Wake either based on the same story, start early and play a ton. The difference between the two is Notre Dame is in better overall shape as a program right now.
Still, in the end, I would not simply count Iowa out as Fran has been recruiting him for some time.

I believe Katenda will go to Notre Dame. I have not felt confident about Olaseni and I still don't. I think Olaseni does not come to Iowa. Hope I'm wrong.

I share those sentiments. It seems as if Olesani is looking for a reason not to come to Iowa.

Someone told me that Olaseni visited somewhere this weekend and received an offer, but they weren't sure where he went. Hopefully they are wrong but normally they aren't.

Latest posts