Ole Miss & Kiffin are getting sued

Hawkfnntn

Things are getting wild... I haven't read the whole story in regards to this yet on all sides. But wow... gist to it is kid had mental issues took a break from the team and wouldn't return calls or come in to see the coaches to even talk about stuff. He just disappeared from them. He finally does go see coach and Kiffin kicks him off the team for it so kid is bringing all the smoke he can for it.

There's a lot of stuff that went on prior to that timeline wise with him and I guess with him being told to transfer at the end of last yr and told to change positions etc. They obviously wanted him to leave. The meeting he had with Kiffin was recorded too so it's going to become quite the deal....

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...anto-rollins-sues-kiffin-school-mental-health

Sounds like another butthurt player who is trying to cash in because he's not as effective on the field to give him a chance in the NFL. The key for me was the player never contacting the coaches. I don't blame the coaches in the end. It might have been completely different if he would have kept in contact with the coaches as they might have provided him resources. Krist, the player is still on scholarship. The fact they are requesting punitive damages that is 3X requesting for damages is telling, IMO. They are out for a money grab since he's not making the league.

Sounds like another butthurt player who is trying to cash in because he's not as effective on the field to give him a chance in the NFL. The key for me was the player never contacting the coaches. I don't blame the coaches in the end. It might have been completely different if he would have kept in contact with the coaches as they might have provided him resources. Krist, the player is still on scholarship. The fact they are requesting punitive damages that is 3X requesting for damages is telling, IMO. They are out for a money grab since he's not making the league.
Yeah I kinda thought so too with that being Kiffins over arching reasoning for letting him go. They can't legally yank the scholly without cause of some sort those are locked in I think. But he's not entitled to position on the team guys are let go all the time for a multitude of reasons. Once lawyers get involved things just blow up.

How Kiffin was talking to him and treating him as an 'employee' will raise eyebrows about the whole thing too because clearly these kids aren't that. There's just such a fine line with how some of this is. 25 yrs ago he'd have been laughed out of the room and that'd have been that. Imagine Bobby Knight or Bo Shembeckler having this sort of thing go on with a kid... But times are different now.

The meat of this is the concussion stuff, only one with actual damages being alleged.

People like to dismiss suits like this as meritless, some are, but if the school was negligent it’s good they’re being held accountable and they can put in policies so it doesn’t happen again.

The meat of this is the concussion stuff, only one with actual damages being alleged.

People like to dismiss suits like this as meritless, some are, but if the school was negligent it’s good they’re being held accountable and they can put in policies so it doesn’t happen again.
It feels like there's some legit stuff and not so legit. So lawyers and Monday morning qb lawyers are all going to want to figure out what is and isn't.

I think you are going to continue to see players and families constantly sue these universities if they don't end up getting what they expected when the signed on. Many will hope for a settlement before it gets to trial. It's just the kind of society we live in now.

I think you are going to continue to see players and families constantly sue these universities if they don't end up getting what they expected when the signed on. Many will hope for a settlement before it gets to trial. It's just the kind of society we live in now.
I could see this precipitate and facilitate the unionizing of players and bringing all that back up again. And schools having to consider these guys all employees. Forever now schools have had the best of both worlds. Being able to treat them all as employees without having to pay them or provide benefits probably isn't going to last a hell of a lot longer. If folks thought NIL was the 'end' of college sports as we know it they didn't have the foresight to see this part coming.

mental health

Anytime someone throws those words out I immediately become Switzerland, I become neutral. I have no idea what defines a metal health issue and what doesn’t, unless it is blatantly obvious.