Olaseni Playing Well!

Brommer is still out with the knee injury I believe or at least has not practiced much if he is back. Marble was set back a little bit in terms of practice time already this season due to a concussion and White had an issue with his thumb that may have also set him back so for Sunday you will most likely see a few variations in terms of the line-ups but I suspect Archie will get the starting nod due to experience along with May but everything will be subject to change (perhaps even before the season-opener). Obviously Marble cannot be on the second unit at both 1 & 3 so most likely would come in first for May and then perhaps slide to the 1 to give Cartwright a breather while May returns or White gets a look.

1. Bryce Cartwright / Devyn Marble / Branden Stubbs
2. Matt Gatens / Josh Oglesby / Devyn Marble
3. Eric May / Devyn Marble / Aaron White
4. Melsahn Basabe / Zach McCabe / Aaron White
5. Devon Archie / Gabriel Olaseni / Aaron White

Leonard also had a Sr laden team in place ahead of him. When Woody gets here either him or Olaseni will have to start by default. Also, I am not completely sure Weber really even knows what he is doing. He lucked into Williams, Head, and Brown. Where was he even before Illannoy?

Olaseni will not start by default his sophamore year as you put it, per Fran in a interview; Olaseni is leading the team in rebounds and blocked shots in practice, also compares him to Rodman in the rebounding, as he seems to have a special nack for rebounding and goes after them as if he is the only going to get them,

he better be good, cause we're back!

oh, wait, that's old now, huh? how about ostrich? same... hummm, i'll have to think on this one a little...

nobody will start by default, it doesn't matter how you meant it, who ever starts will have earned the job, i am curious though, about the Woody will start from day one, and then say bigs struggle, , and it is not that hard to see him replace Coles #'s. if he ends up the starting center; 8 ppg, 7 rpg and a 1/5 bpg are not monster #'s, and lets face Cole was a 6'7 F trying to play center, somebody has to take those minute and #'s, unless you think this team is going to go downward in scoring, and last i heard Fran wants his team to score in the 80's, and if we score just 80 ppg that makes 23ppg available, that means if Olaseni as a starter gets 8 ppg that will leave 15 ppg for others to add to last years avg, and if Gaten and Basabe get a additional 5 ppg each that still leaves 5 ppg out there for somebody else to get, not to mention the minutes and pts that walk-ons got

Why do I feel like I just went through a math class? Lol. Let's get this season under way and see where the chips fall. Just the unknown factors are building a lot of enthusiasm. I hope Gabe surprises everyone in a very positive manner. Go Hawks!!

Just cuz fran want iowa to score in the 80's doesn't mean its going to happen. And FYi, its not going to. Too many teams in B1G play slow it down. NO WAY we avg 80+ppg

other than Wiscy who else plays slow ball

Adjusted Tempo (National Rank)
Ohio St: 250th
Wisconsin: 344th
Purdue: 149th
Michigan: 323rd
Michigan St: 189th
Northwestern: 291st
Minnesota: 192nd
Indiana: 195th
Nebraska: 308th
Illinois: 180th
Iowa: 102nd
Penn St: 341st

Only Iowa and Purdue rank above average nationally in pace/tempo.

Adjusted Tempo (National Rank)
Ohio St: 250th
Wisconsin: 344th
Purdue: 149th
Michigan: 323rd
Michigan St: 189th
Northwestern: 291st
Minnesota: 192nd
Indiana: 195th
Nebraska: 308th
Illinois: 180th
Iowa: 102nd
Penn St: 341st

Only Iowa and Purdue rank above average nationally in pace/tempo.

As a fan this really, really sucks. The Big Ten earns all of the grief it gets in this regard. Hopefully the new PSU coach likes to get out and run a little bit.

Latest posts