Olaseni Playing Well!

I am really high on him. Saw him at the open practice and couldn't believe we actually had a guy like him on the floor. Been a LOOONNNGGG time since we've had a big with his athleticism if ever. Runs like a guard, actually pretty cut muscle wise too. I asked him what his wing span was, he said 7'3! He'll be very raw offensively this year and the speed of the D1 game will take a little adjusting, but very high ceiling for him

http://twitter.com/#!/RickBrownDMR
Olesani has been "phenomenally consistent'' in practice at post for the Hawkeyes. Fran doesn't want to play Basabe at the 5. #B1G

Twitter
Fran said Olaseni is top rebounder in practice

Maybe Olaseni will start at center this year.
I'd say he's definitely going to get some good PT since Brommer's going to be out for the next three weeks. Hopefully he'll keep improving at a fast rate. Good to hear this.

That is great news. Got a chuckle out of the phrase, "phenomenally consistent."
Hell, my doorbell is phenomenally consistent. Sounds the same everytime.

Probably not. If you're expecting Basabe numbers out of him, prepare to be disappointed.

I'm not expecting those kind of numbers from him, but a certain poster is. Can't remember who it was. I'd post to the original thread, but I don't have the time to try and find it.

I continue to be amazed at the quality of information that Coach Fran shares with us. Love the fact that Gabe is going after boards. I'm sure most colleges do, but it's amazing that they chart practice statistics. The time, thought, and effort that goes into this is mind-boggling. I was also interested to see that the 3 frosh will be in our rotation. Typically Fran has not played 10-11 deep. It's clear Coach wants to keep Mel at the 4; Brommer's injury, although unfortunate, may be a blessing in disguise as Archie/Gabe/White will get more reps and this may speed up their development.

I continue to be amazed at the quality of information that Coach Fran shares with us. Love the fact that Gabe is going after boards. I'm sure most colleges do, but it's amazing that they chart practice statistics. The time, thought, and effort that goes into this is mind-boggling. I was also interested to see that the 3 frosh will be in our rotation. Typically Fran has not played 10-11 deep. It's clear Coach wants to keep Mel at the 4; Brommer's injury, although unfortunate, may be a blessing in disguise as Archie/Gabe/White will get more reps and this may speed up their development.

Never heard of keeping stats in practice. Like the idea though.

Latest posts