Olaseni Article (recent)

I just get the feeling he doesnt want to be a hawk and is looking for a bigger offer.

Agreed. There is something that is keeping these kids away right now and I just don't get it. Its not like we are running up against the Dukes of the world for these kids. Nebraska, Rutgers, OU are all in the same boat.

Its frustrating but we also have enough pieces to be an improved team right now.

Recruiting Notebook: 4/18/2011 : Welcome to OUHoops.com

Should bring everyone up-to-date. Still looks good for Iowa assuming OU doesn't offer.

“Right now, Oklahoma and Iowa are equal,â€￾ he told OUHoops.com

This is both good and bad. The good is that OU didn't offer him on his visit which it seems he was hoping for during his time there. It also seems like good news that he isn't getting any other big time offers right now.

The bad news is that he is basically stating that Iowa is his fall back option more than anything else. OU is a co-favorite but he doesn't even have an offer from them? That certainly doesn't make me feel real good about the situation. Also, him stating that he wants to wait 3 more weeks cannot be good from Iowa's point of view either. To me that is saying that he is literally waiting for anyone else to step up and offer before he would take Iowa's ride.

Agreed. There is something that is keeping these kids away right now and I just don't get it. Its not like we are running up against the Dukes of the world for these kids. Nebraska, Rutgers, OU are all in the same boat.

Its frustrating but we also have enough pieces to be an improved team right now.
Losing. Not a lot of kids actually want to "be apart of something special and help rebuild". Even though Iowa has gone up against what seems like bad teams, they are better than Iowa. If the recruit doesnt follow Iowa basketball you see last years W-L and this years, theres not much change. This years class probably wont be as good as people would have like, but with White and Oglesby coming, next year should have some more wins and the 2012 class will be the critical class.

Not very encouraged by being on the same page with OU who has not offered him yet. Like a lot of you, I don't understand the lack of interest we are getting from what appears to be second class talent, no disrespect to anyone.

This years class probably wont be as good as people would have like, but with White and Oglesby coming, next year should have some more wins and the 2012 class will be the critical class.

We would like to think. But this team is one injury or a bit a foul trouble at a couple of positions from dropping off further.

I think Fran should play a little game of chicken with this kid. Take it or leave it and see if the kids jumps. If the kid declines he wasn't coming here anyway.

I think Olaseni better be careful. Iowa is already looking at another prospect and Caff has shown he won't be played by these kids. If Iowa drops out and OU never offers, and he decides to wait 3 more weeks....well it could be very unpredictable.

I think Fran should play a little game of chicken with this kid. Take it or leave it and see if the kids jumps. If the kid declines he wasn't coming here anyway.

Agree. I am glad I am not the only one who finds this indecision maddening. If not, I would have to question if I am spending too much on message boards worrying about the future of Iowa hoops. Pretty sure my wife has already declared me guilty of that.

Geez, I get we aren't good, haven't been good, etc., but kid after kid talks about clicking with Francis, McCaffrey, Dillard etc., liking the players, the city, etc., but at end of the day, we have no prom date. I guess unless you are one of maybe 6-8 programs in the country, recruits have all the leverage. I am starting to think Dillard's kid might be in the picture for a scholie vs. walking on year one.

It's amazing how little respect these kids have for our program. We're basically a last resort in case no other BCS or elite mid-major programs offer. And that's after Fran and staff have been recruiting a kid for a year...which does not speak positively of Fran's ability to sell the program.

I think Olaseni better be careful. Iowa is already looking at another prospect and Caff has shown he won't be played by these kids. If Iowa drops out and OU never offers, and he decides to wait 3 more weeks....well it could be very unpredictable.

won't press you to disclose who the prospect is (if premium info), but is it another big man?

won't press you to disclose who the prospect is (if premium info), but is it another big man?

No premium info. Former Dayton commit that pulled out.
Report: Detroit Southeastern basketball standouts will not attend Dayton | detnews.com | The Detroit News

It's a 6'8" kid named Percy Gibson. Iowa coaches visited him this weekend. He's got some offers already and his recruitment is picking up steam. No idea what our chances are but it shows Caff isn't sitting on his hands.

6' 9", 240 pounds, averaged 21 points and 12 rebounds in leading his school to its first Detroit Public League title in 55 years...

Nice backup option for Fran if he can't sell Cougs on rejoining the program.

6' 9", 240 pounds, averaged 21 points and 12 rebounds in leading his school to its first Detroit Public League title in 55 years...

Nice backup option for Fran if he can't sell Cougs on rejoining the program.

Sniff.....sniff...sniff.....I smell sarcasm.

+1
I have no inside info at all but FM's demeanor is clear, he's a winner and he will be a success and if your not going to help you better get the **** out of the way.

Latest posts