Oklahoma St Scandal

ah how true. If Tex A&M were still in the Big 12 Johnny Football would have been suspended for a year.

Looks like SI is about to publish some stuff on a scandal at Oklahoma St.

Oklahoma State Cowboys told of report alleging pay-for-play - ESPN

They are alleging pay for play, among other things.

I'm guessing they'll get hammered, since they aren't in the SEC.

I hate the SEC just as much as the next person, but really?

Look at how OSU skirted until it was found out that Tressel lied?

It only took 19 years to find USC guilty of anything and that should have been far worse.

Oregon gets nothing as Chip Kelly probably fell on the sword since he went to the NFL.

Programs slide a lot and the NCAA really does nothing unless they have too, have you not been paying attention to Mr. Tan (Emmert)? He has led the NCAA to poor judgement and idiotic rulings since he took over.

Looks like SI is about to publish some stuff on a scandal at Oklahoma St.

Oklahoma State Cowboys told of report alleging pay-for-play - ESPN

They are alleging pay for play, among other things.

I'm guessing they'll get hammered, since they aren't in the SEC.

from what i saw on TV it was 'old news' i.e. assistant coach from the past, under a different head coach - 2000-2007 was the majority of the transgressions.

'hostesses having relations with recruits'........among the transgressions.

from what i saw on TV it was 'old news' i.e. assistant coach from the past, under a different head coach - 2000-2007 was the majority of the transgressions.

'hostesses having relations with recruits'........among the transgressions.

I fail to see why this an issue, this is something 99% of all D-1 schools do.

that wasn't the issue, just part of the story. and i bet you are way off on the 99% claim.

Other schools might not have an organized hostess group, but what do you think the players do with recruits when they show them around? They take them to parties and hook them up with girls.

I am friends with someone who worked in Okie St S&C back during the time these things were alleged to have taken place...he says most of the names in this first part of the story are players who were booted from the program or left the program. Just saying to keep that in mind, too.

That said, he told me he knows that one of the players being accused of receiving money was absolutely given money to come to Okie State.

ALso, Okie St fans are screaming that one of the writers is an OU fan and Okie St hater...it's funny to witness this stuff without a dog in the fight, because it sounds real familiar ;)

I am friends with someone who worked in Okie St S&C back during the time these things were alleged to have taken place...he says most of the names in this first part of the story are players who were booted from the program or left the program. Just saying to keep that in mind, too.

That said, he told me he knows that one of the players being accused of receiving money was absolutely given money to come to Okie State.

ALso, Okie St fans are screaming that one of the writers is an OU fan and Okie St hater...it's funny to witness this stuff without a dog in the fight, because it sounds real familiar ;)

I have no doubt there is a lot of truth in this story, but if you dig hard enough, I'm sure you can find similar events at almost every other major college football program in the country, including Iowa.

When some kind of hammer comes down and players start leaving, do you think we try to get any of their WR? I understand not going after any PSU players b/c the conference affiliation, but last I checked WR is still a pretty weak position for us and tends to be a strength for Ok St.

The illicit recruiting apparatus that is in place in Columbus, Tuscaloosa, L.A., Austin are well oiled machines. What they have going for them is history and prestige. Kids want to play there and the incetives don't have to be quite so special. Still I have to think that the 50 year powers are doing a lot of that stuff.

It easy to speculate that Slive has got the SEC teams to close ranks and stop ratting each other out.

Don't think for a minute that paying players would make this go away. Those who compete for talent will still try to provide incentives to lure the athletes that they want.

Other schools might not have an organized hostess group, but what do you think the players do with recruits when they show them around? They take them to parties and hook them up with girls.

that is no different than what happens to any kid visiting his buds at college. but that is not what the article states. what the article states is organized prostitution.

When some kind of hammer comes down and players start leaving, do you think we try to get any of their WR? I understand not going after any PSU players b/c the conference affiliation, but last I checked WR is still a pretty weak position for us and tends to be a strength for Ok St.

I wouldn't hold your breath on any significant penalties coming down on OSU because of this.

that is no different than what happens to any kid visiting his buds at college. but that is not what the article states. what the article states is organized prostitution.

"A small number of women in the group had sex with recruits", the group being the hostesses. You're obviously buying the "mass prositiution" scandal SI is trying to push, but whether it's a group of hostesses or girls who aren't officially affiliated with the program, coaches know what kind of kids are looking for that on recruiting trips and will set them up with players who can make that happen. I guarantee the coaches at any school know the names of certain girls they want recruits to meet.

If the school was paying these hostesses to have sex with recruits that would, in most cases, mean that the hostesses would be over 18 and the recruits would be under the age of 18 as most high school students graduate at 17-18.

University of Nebraska Omaha use to do the same thing, except their hostesses were skanks.

"A small number of women in the group had sex with recruits", the group being the hostesses. You're obviously buying the "mass prositiution" scandal SI is trying to push, but whether it's a group of hostesses or girls who aren't officially affiliated with the program, coaches know what kind of kids are looking for that on recruiting trips and will set them up with players who can make that happen. I guarantee the coaches at any school know the names of certain girls they want recruits to meet.

Why is it so hard to believe that if these coaches were paying players that they wouldn't pay these girls to sleep with their recruits?