Oklahoma St Scandal

I am friends with someone who worked in Okie St S&C back during the time these things were alleged to have taken place...he says most of the names in this first part of the story are players who were booted from the program or left the program. Just saying to keep that in mind, too.

That said, he told me he knows that one of the players being accused of receiving money was absolutely given money to come to Okie State.

ALso, Okie St fans are screaming that one of the writers is an OU fan and Okie St hater...it's funny to witness this stuff without a dog in the fight, because it sounds real familiar ;)

see, everyone alleges this stuff happens, but when you can get approx 15 ex players to agree on it, that's something.

also, of course the only players who are going to be willing to throw the OSU program under the bus are folks who were outcast, or hurt in some way. do you think the "stars" would voluntarily throw their team under the bus and at the same time make themselves look bad?
would Stanzi throw Iowa under the bus, or would it be someone like Dominique Douglas?

"A small number of women in the group had sex with recruits", the group being the hostesses. You're obviously buying the "mass prositiution" scandal SI is trying to push, but whether it's a group of hostesses or girls who aren't officially affiliated with the program, coaches know what kind of kids are looking for that on recruiting trips and will set them up with players who can make that happen. I guarantee the coaches at any school know the names of certain girls they want recruits to meet.

what sparky said below. what a school like iowa does and what a school like OSU is alleged to have done are two different things. when i was a student at iowa back in the early 90s, i was friends with several players, and would go out with them - on the town -and some of those times they had recruits in tow. never stories about official or unofficial hostesses that represented the University. but they would act (if that is what they were looking for) just like any other male with a pulse that was visiting the University......regarding the ladies.... Of course, there are schools that have good looking ladies who are official hostesses and reps for recruiting visits. If you are suggesting that these ladies are hired specifically due to their looks and willingness to either have consensual sex (that would have to be known by the University upon hire) or do same for payment or in exchange for said job, then that is prostitution, small scale, or large.

I can't wait for the big 4 conferences to ditch the NCAA.

Then they can pay players out in the open, pay kids to come to their schools, offer evenings with hostesses, maybe even offer a lot of extra help for some "student athletes" with some of their really difficult coursework.

We don't need no stinkin' NCAA.

Why is it so hard to believe that if these coaches were paying players that they wouldn't pay these girls to sleep with their recruits?

I never said they weren't, my point was that each school has girls like this lined up for recruits. I don't think it makes a difference if these girls also have jobs showing the players around, or if their just waiting for them at a party a current player is taking them too.

what sparky said below. what a school like iowa does and what a school like OSU is alleged to have done are two different things. when i was a student at iowa back in the early 90s, i was friends with several players, and would go out with them - on the town -and some of those times they had recruits in tow. never stories about official or unofficial hostesses that represented the University. but they would act (if that is what they were looking for) just like any other male with a pulse that was visiting the University......regarding the ladies.... Of course, there are schools that have good looking ladies who are official hostesses and reps for recruiting visits. If you are suggesting that these ladies are hired specifically due to their looks and willingness to either have consensual sex (that would have to be known by the University upon hire) or do same for payment or in exchange for said job, then that is prostitution, small scale, or large.

But they're not because even in the little snippet from the article that I quoted above it says a small number of women in that hostesses group, so even in their teaser it says only a few women in that job did it, so obviously it's not a requirement.

I never said they weren't, my point was that each school has girls like this lined up for recruits. I don't think it makes a difference if these girls also have jobs showing the players around, or if their just waiting for them at a party a current player is taking them too.

if this is the case, then that might explain paw's recruiting problems.....

:)

I know Fry offered a big time OL recruit (also had offers to schools like UCLA, for example) permission to fish in Fry's pond behind the house as part of the recruiting pitch (said player loved to fish). once said player became a hawk, there was never another mention about said pond by Fry. never heard him say he had anything else lined up for him in the recruiting process - and these guys would 'brag that up'....

having been close to the program as a student and beyond, I've never heard, seen or heard of Iowa having girls 'lined up' for recruiting visits. And this spans two coaching regimes.

Don't act like ya'll don't know this stuff goes on. The ESPN radio people are acting like they are shocked. Wow, probably the same people that were shocked to find out certain athletes were/are taking PEDs. Lol! Heck, they probably don't think that some high school athletes are taking PEDs. Some people need to open their eyes.

Don't act like ya'll don't know this stuff goes on. The ESPN radio people are acting like they are shocked. Wow, probably the same people that were shocked to find out certain athletes were/are taking PEDs. Lol! Heck, they probably don't think that some high school athletes are taking PEDs. Some people need to open their eyes.

of course it happens.

You really think ESPN radio people, most of whom played sports professionally or at the major college level, don't know this stuff is happening? Please, you aren't brilliant for realizing this is happening everywhere.

I am friends with someone who worked in Okie St S&C back during the time these things were alleged to have taken place...he says most of the names in this first part of the story are players who were booted from the program or left the program. Just saying to keep that in mind, too.

That said, he told me he knows that one of the players being accused of receiving money was absolutely given money to come to Okie State.

ALso, Okie St fans are screaming that one of the writers is an OU fan and Okie St hater...it's funny to witness this stuff without a dog in the fight, because it sounds real familiar ;)

If you read a few of Thayer Evans' articles you'll see he is a little biased against Okie st. I found this article to be really interesting it talks about one of the players Evans interviewed
Sports Extra - Blogs - SI wants to show how 'sausage is made.' Ex-OSU QB tells how interview sausage was made. | Tulsa World