Oklahoma in disarray leading up to Insight

I doubt Oklahoma even knows when the game is being played.

Oklahoma caring about the JV Fiesta Bowl is like Donald Trump caring to take the time to bend over a pick up a $20 that someone else dropped.

Really?! so if lil ole Iowa wins it is because all the Oklahoma coaches, fans, and players won't show up to play unless it a BCS bowl. Gimme a break, I not only bet you they show up to play (on the right day) and it will be a good, tough, hard fought game.

That call was 100% correct and consistently called.

It was unfortunately timed for Iowa, but it was correct.

It was absolutely not the right call. Chandler was lined up behind the right tackle even with the slot receiver to his right and behind the wide receivers on both sides.

Landry Jones is still a top 10 or so draft pick according to draft guru Mel Kiper and against our defense? I'd still go with Oklahoma but with the Hawks to cover.

Hope the Hawks win though of course.

Even with those guys out, and the fact that their heart may not be in it, they still have more talent, speed and dth then Iowa. A few years ago Texas didn't want to be in the Alamo bowl and especially thought we were to lowly to play. Yes Iowa hung with them....but in the long run their talent won over their lack of heart and desire.

If it is a case of the do not care Sooners, and they are still in it in the 4th quarter, they may decide to start caring. It might be a case of too little, too late, for them, but it could make for an exciting finish. Something tells me though that Stoops is going to have these guys caring from the start. I wouldn't put much stock into "reports" about the Sooners not wanting to be in this bowl game.

of course the only way a slow and unathletic Iowa can win is if the super fast great athletic team of Oklahoma fails to show up

Missouri didn't start the season ranked #1, nor did they limp into the game. They were a 10-2 team that finished the regular season winning three straight.

OU was #1 to start, got smoked in their last game of the year, which was their third loss, not in a BCS bowl.

My guess is the 'give a damn' factor is on Iowa's side...we'll see if its enough

He was talking about Iowa being the "wounded" animal now Mizzou last year.

Landry Jones is still a top 10 or so draft pick according to draft guru Mel Kiper and against our defense? I'd still go with Oklahoma but with the Hawks to cover.

This is the same Landry Jones who has 5 INTs and ZERO TDs since Ryan Broyles went down? And who is now also without his pseudo-#2 in Reynolds? Kenny Stills is good, but he's going to be the only realistic option in the passing game for Jones. And that's a very good thing for Iowa.

Based on this thread, I'm guessing that most of you think Iowa should be favored by 13. Interesting!!

I don't see where you're getting that. I just think most people aren't expecting a blowout. And there are several very good reasons to have that expectation.

1. We very rarely get blown out.
2. We're one of the best programs in the country in terms of bowl prep.
3. Oklahoma is backing into this game.
4. OU is missing their best player, and their QB has looked awful without him.

I actually think we'll win. But I don't think anyone is saying we should be favored by 13.

At first I was happy to see that we would be playing Oklahoma...gives you something to be excited about.

Now, I'm starting to realize that this was one of the worst possible opponents to draw. They don't seem to give a **** (or at least their fan base doesn't), and even if we do win, it will downplayed due to any number of excuses that Oklahoma might have. This is a no win. The only positive is that we get to see the black and gold one more time before we go dark for 8 friggin' months.

Yeah, well so was Blaine Gabbert.....that did NOT stop the Iowa Hawkeyes, last year :):)

It was absolutely not the right call. Chandler was lined up behind the right tackle even with the slot receiver to his right and behind the wide receivers on both sides.

It was the RIGHT call, as it was an illegal forward motion call. Chandler came in motion across the formation toward the bottom of the screen and got all kinds of antsy and started dancing forward. It was the right call. Chandler was just giddy about having that play called.

It was the RIGHT call, as it was an illegal forward motion call. Chandler came in motion across the formation toward the bottom of the screen and got all kinds of antsy and started dancing forward. It was the right call. Chandler was just giddy about having that play called.

Except that wasn't what the call was. They called illegal man down field and the ref said that #87 was covered, even though he wasn't. The ref wouldn't have gone through trouble of giving a detailed explanation if he actually meant to call a different penalty.

At first I was happy to see that we would be playing Oklahoma...gives you something to be excited about.

Now, I'm starting to realize that this was one of the worst possible opponents to draw. They don't seem to give a **** (or at least their fan base doesn't), and even if we do win, it will downplayed due to any number of excuses that Oklahoma might have. This is a no win. The only positive is that we get to see the black and gold one more time before we go dark for 8 friggin' months.

You are overthinking this. Again, OU was #1 team in the country for 7 weeks. They are currently ranked #13 in the country and are at least 16 point favorites,the largest favorite in the entire bowl field. Pete Fuitak has picked OU to win 55-17.
And you are worried that Iowa will not get any credit if they actually pull off the most shocking upset of the entire bowl season?

That is kind of like when Sundance told Butch Cassidy that he couldn't swim as they were facing a 150 ft plunge into a small stream off the side of a mountain....''hell,the fall will probably killya''...

Lets just worry about avoiding the 55-17 blowout the experts are predicting first,then sweat the ''proper credit''..

Latest posts