Oklahoma/Baylor

Iowa can't eat his salary for the next 6-7 years and also buy a new high profile coach. It's just not in the cards.
Who ever said we had to hire a high profile coach and if one was out there I doubt they would want the job unless it was a major increase in salary. No, we just need a competent up and coming coach that has energy. Dare I say a fb version of Fran that will bring an exciting uptempo offense that great hs players would want to play. We can find alot of coaches that could produce the same average records that KF has for half the salary. Iowa football is boring and predictable.

Who ever said we had to hire a high profile coach and if one was out there I doubt they would want the job unless it was a major increase in salary. No, we just need a competent up and coming coach that has energy. Dare I say a fb version of Fran that will bring an exciting uptempo offense that great hs players would want to play. We can find alot of coaches that could produce the same average records that KF has for half the salary. Iowa football is boring and predictable.

Someone...like...Paul Rhoades perhaps?

I kid I kid.

-------We can find alot of coaches that could produce the same average records that KF has for half the salary. Iowa football is boring and predictable.

I need to take a lesson from BILLBUCKNER....he said in two sentences all that needed to be said.

-------We can find alot of coaches that could produce the same average records that KF has for half the salary. Iowa football is boring and predictable.

I need to take a lesson from BILLBUCKNER....he said in two sentences all that needed to be said.

We could find that, but then would be paying even more, for similar results, people would get very upset...

Cause...you see...we would still be paying KF.

I'd like to see some peoples thoughts on KF's salary vs. Results on this board.

Any thoughts on this?

We could find that, but then would be paying even more, for similar results, people would get very upset...

Cause...you see...we would still be paying KF.

I'd like to see some peoples thoughts on KF's salary vs. Results on this board.

Any thoughts on this?

I'd like to hear some opinions on this, too. I'm curious to find out if there are people that think our coach is paid too much money.

You either hire a good coach with proven results or risk having another Ferentz at the helm. If you want mediocrity then keep Ferentz and save the money.

Walker - I wouldn't be upset in the least...ANYTHING has to be better than what we currently have. So fear should keep us from making any change....that is sooooo "Iowa" of you to say that.

Begs the question why Baylor and not Iowa....ever been to Waco? Ever think Floyd Casey would have more going for it than Kinnick? Begs some more questions....WHY do we have to give KF one more year....could we not eat his salary right now and lure Craig Bohl away from North Dakota State? One more year to do what....go 8-4 with a schedule so easy that Springville High could go .500? What would that prove exactly...that we are better than this year? Who could really tell? All next year will accomplish is setting him up to coach in 2015....Iowa does not fire coaches that go to Bowl games. Is he going to suddenly become less stubborn and loyal to coaches that are not doing their job? No. Is he suddenly going to get more energy to recruit like a coach making 4 million should? No. Is he suddenly going to open up the offense and let his kids have fun? No. Is he suddenly going to quit punting from the opponents 35 in a season where installing confidence overshadows possibly another loss in an already failed season? No. I really am trying to figure out why so many fans are still hanging on to the dream of a major turnaround....I just do not get it. I simply cannot believe how far the bar has lowered since the end of the 2004 season when we actually were dreaming of contending for it all. Now people are talking about where we may play if we can scratch out one more win....pffffft!!!

Fool who doesn't understand Texas is LOADED with football talent and Iowa isn't is a fool.

Walker - I wouldn't be upset in the least...ANYTHING has to be better than what we currently have. So fear should keep us from making any change....that is sooooo "Iowa" of you to say that.

That's no "sooooo Iowa" to say. It's the truth. We're paying KF upwards of 2 million a year if we can him; the buyout would make hiring a significant upgrade cost-prohibitive. That's not an "Iowa" thing to say, it's a fact. Unless you're able to rally the donors to pony up the money to cover the buyout and hire a good coach. If you're really willing to go after an unknown AND pay KF to not coach, you've pretty much lost your mind. Lickliter's buyout was manageable. Ferentz's isn't.

That gm was a big surprise. I never seen that coming before the season is over I bet Stoops will be on the hotseat. Its bad enough he lost to a average TX team but to get blowed out by Baylor want sit good at OU

Begs the question why Baylor and not Iowa....ever been to Waco? Ever think Floyd Casey would have more going for it than Kinnick? Begs some more questions....WHY do we have to give KF one more year....could we not eat his salary right now and lure Craig Bohl away from North Dakota State? One more year to do what....go 8-4 with a schedule so easy that Springville High could go .500? What would that prove exactly...that we are better than this year? Who could really tell? All next year will accomplish is setting him up to coach in 2015....Iowa does not fire coaches that go to Bowl games. Is he going to suddenly become less stubborn and loyal to coaches that are not doing their job? No. Is he suddenly going to get more energy to recruit like a coach making 4 million should? No. Is he suddenly going to open up the offense and let his kids have fun? No. Is he suddenly going to quit punting from the opponents 35 in a season where installing confidence overshadows possibly another loss in an already failed season? No. I really am trying to figure out why so many fans are still hanging on to the dream of a major turnaround....I just do not get it. I simply cannot believe how far the bar has lowered since the end of the 2004 season when we actually were dreaming of contending for it all. Now people are talking about where we may play if we can scratch out one more win....pffffft!!!

Are you from Springville??

Oklahoma's offense looked pitiful. Worse than Iowa's. Couldn't get plays in, multiple penalties and zero passing threat.

I haven't been on the message boards long enough to know the answer to this question. Were people this critical of KF during the Orange Bowl year?

I haven't been on the message boards long enough to know the answer to this question. Were people this critical of KF during the Orange Bowl year?
The answer to this question is YES. I consider myself a huge Iowa fan and want nothing mroe than to see them win every game. The fact remains that even during good season Iowa fans complain, we didn't win by enough points or the running back should have had 400 yards instead of 150. I work and travel around the midwest and interact with fans from other states and the funny thing is they all tell me the same thing, of which I have to combat each time. They say Iowa fans whine worse than bunch of farmers, complain when it rain, complain when the sun shines, complain about everything......even when things are good. I always say....we want to win. GO Hawks.

Stanford is what I wish Iowa could be. Not too flashy; just line up and beat the **** out people and not afraid to put up points when the opportunity is there

You're not alone. I'm sure Stanford is what Ferentz wishes Iowa would be.

Hmm, I'm from TN (parents from Iowa) and Tenn fans are happy with a win no matter how they get it. I just find it funny I guess how critical people are about KF. One thing I will say is after winning the orange bowl, why didn't our recruiting and face of our program sky rocket?

Latest posts