Oklahoma/Baylor

So much media coverage and demand they are having to put media people on the sidelines instead of in the booth.

After watching them both play this year, I can see it. But I get what you are saying, it's amazing what Art has been able to do at Baylor. But it is Texas, and if you get an amazing player (RGIII) that gets some positive attention on your school, and you play an exciting brand of football, in a state like Texas, recruiting becomes a little easier. This isn't Ames Iowa we're talking about, but it's still only an hour and a half from Dallas or Austin.

Baylor is crazy to watch. As a coach I would have no idea how to stop them right now.

There's 38 seconds left in the half and Baylor is going for the TD. Why aren't they taking a knee?

Begs the question why Baylor and not Iowa....ever been to Waco? Ever think Floyd Casey would have more going for it than Kinnick? Begs some more questions....WHY do we have to give KF one more year....could we not eat his salary right now and lure Craig Bohl away from North Dakota State? One more year to do what....go 8-4 with a schedule so easy that Springville High could go .500? What would that prove exactly...that we are better than this year? Who could really tell? All next year will accomplish is setting him up to coach in 2015....Iowa does not fire coaches that go to Bowl games. Is he going to suddenly become less stubborn and loyal to coaches that are not doing their job? No. Is he suddenly going to get more energy to recruit like a coach making 4 million should? No. Is he suddenly going to open up the offense and let his kids have fun? No. Is he suddenly going to quit punting from the opponents 35 in a season where installing confidence overshadows possibly another loss in an already failed season? No. I really am trying to figure out why so many fans are still hanging on to the dream of a major turnaround....I just do not get it. I simply cannot believe how far the bar has lowered since the end of the 2004 season when we actually were dreaming of contending for it all. Now people are talking about where we may play if we can scratch out one more win....pffffft!!!

Begs the question why Baylor and not Iowa....ever been to Waco? Ever think Floyd Casey would have more going for it than Kinnick? Begs some more questions....WHY do we have to give KF one more year....could we not eat his salary right now and lure Craig Bohl away from North Dakota State? One more year to do what....go 8-4 with a schedule so easy that Springville High could go .500? What would that prove exactly...that we are better than this year? Who could really tell? All next year will accomplish is setting him up to coach in 2015....Iowa does not fire coaches that go to Bowl games. Is he going to suddenly become less stubborn and loyal to coaches that are not doing their job? No. Is he suddenly going to get more energy to recruit like a coach making 4 million should? No. Is he suddenly going to open up the offense and let his kids have fun? No. Is he suddenly going to quit punting from the opponents 35 in a season where installing confidence overshadows possibly another loss in an already failed season? No. I really am trying to figure out why so many fans are still hanging on to the dream of a major turnaround....I just do not get it. I simply cannot believe how far the bar has lowered since the end of the 2004 season when we actually were dreaming of contending for it all. Now people are talking about where we may play if we can scratch out one more win....pffffft!!!

Iowa can't eat his salary for the next 6-7 years and also buy a new high profile coach. It's just not in the cards.

Sure they could....you wouldn't have to back up the Brinks truck to get him given what he is currently making. And from what I hear, the money is there....just too bad our AD is willing to go down with the ship in order to save face. All he want to do is get KF through this year, so he can get to the easy schedule next year....KF makes it through this season and 2015 is a CERTAINTY....book it! ANY program other than Iowa and KF would be gone already...convince me otherwise.

Latest posts