O'Keefe Remembered

I don't understand the hate for Okeefe. this is the same guy that made Razor Ramon Ochoa a household name.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qjg975xn-4]2003 #17 Minnesota at #20 Iowa Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
That's easy.... Iowa/MSU "Jailbreak" Kevin kasper to the house for KF first big ten win.

4th and goal from the 5 vs Michigan with seconds left.. May have even been OT... 24 home game winning streak on the line.. Shovel pass, never saw it before that, never saw it after....

Funny DJK tweet a little bit ago:

@DJKoulianos
DJK
BREAKING NEWS: Iowa's trick play reverse has left the building, I'm ******.

My favorite O'Keefe moment (although reflective of KF too) is the gross mis-management of the clock in the 2004 Capitol One Bowl resulting in one of the greatest moments in Iowa football history. I just remember screaming at the tv for someone to call timeout and then Tate to Holloway happened.

My favorite has to be the naked bootleg against Northwestern up by 10 to get Stanzi hurt. No doubt we would have won had he finished.

I think it is hilarious that the OP has a username that won't have the same effect on people as before. It will be harder to get peoples' goat now with that handle.

A blown blocking assignment epitomizes his play calling?You've got Shonn Freaking Greene on the team and you advocate doing anything BUT giving him the rock on 4th and short???Man, this board desperately needs a minimum IQ test.
Heartily seconded! Some people on here need to get a clue.The poor FB went the wrong way on that play & left Greene hanging. It happens...but to try to suggest that was a bad play call in that situation is just asinine.

I will get killed for this but my impression of that play was the full back was supposed to seal the backside de on that play because he had gotten on two previous plays that were very similar earlier in the game.
Morse was hurt that game and it was a back up playing in that spot. Loved the playcall though, that was a legit failure in execution.

After the Wisconsin game when ok4prez made that video of a conversation between Kok and stanzi. I wonder if that still exists??? "I'm going to culvers after the game"

2 play calls in the same drive. 2002 against Purdue. The QB draw on the first play of the drive and the 4th down td pass from Banks to Clark.

Wasnt the waggle bootleg throw against Missou was on 3rd and short.

Do you really think KF and KOK would go on 4th and 1 late in the game at their own 40 yard line?

You're right, it was 3rd and 3. We would have punted on 4th just to give Chase one more shot at beating us.

Latest posts