Okay, HawkeyeNation. A little contest if you're up for it.

B10 Adds Pitt, Misou, ND
Divisons

North

Min
Wisconsin
Mich
MSU
NW
PSU
Pitt

South

Missou
OSU
Indiana
Purdue
Illinois
ND
Iowa

Each Team gets a Rival from the other division
So UM / OSU, Ill / NW , Ia / Min can still be played each year.

B10 Adds Pitt, Misou, ND
Divisons

North

Min
Wisconsin
Mich
MSU
NW
PSU
Pitt

South

Missou
OSU
Indiana
Purdue
Illinois
ND
Iowa

Each Team gets a Rival from the other division
So UM / OSU, Ill / NW , Ia / Min can still be played each year.

Have to agree on the possibilty of North/South but don't see only seven conference games given the challenges of finding OOC games. So would you suggest you have one "traditional" cross conference rivalry game then another rotating game or where does the 8th conference game come from?

Re: My Three Cents (Teams) Worth

Damn, that's the only part of the newspaper the decends on Iowa thats worth reading.

Puttman - I assume you mean depends on?

And I think most of us know what Depends are. As far as I am concerned that definition pretty much explains what the DMR is good for. Good thing for them most outhouses have been demolished. The newspaper would have replaced the now defunct Sears Roebuck catalog for cleanliness purposes.

Here is THE BIG FOURTEEN, divided into socio-economic divisions:

The Cows and Pigs Division

Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Illinois
Indiana
Purdue
MISSOURI

The Fo Shizzle Division

tOSU
MSU
PSU
Michigan
Northwestern
SYRACUSE
RUTGERS

From the other thread...

From Adam Rittenberg's post: "Would Texas only join as part of a package deal with A&M or Oklahoma?"

The Big Fourteen:

Steers and Bulls Division
Texas
A&M
Oklahoma
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Illinois

Rust Belt Division
tOSU
PSU
Michigan
MSU
Indiana
Purdue
Northwestern

Marshalltown, Shane? I do believe. There's a cajun' joint in the little town of Oxford. 20 miles west of IC. A shrimp po'boy that cannot be beat. I'll tell you what. Anyone who wins this, from that di-rection, I'll send a gift certificate. That effing good.

My wife and I ate there last weekend. It's called the Augusta. We had an appetizer and a bottle of wine along with out entres. We dropped a benny but it was damn good eats.

The Hatfields:
Mizzou
Iowa
Minny
Wisky
Ill
NW
Ind

The McCoys:
fOSU
scUM
Mich St8
Penn St8
Purdon't
Rutgers
Pitt

My wife and I ate there last weekend. It's called the Augusta. We had an appetizer and a bottle of wine along with out entres. We dropped a benny but it was damn good eats.

Thanks for playing, Duff. Going to Augusta's this coming Tuesday for a special Mardi Gras feast. Looking forward to it.

I drove through Oxford yesterday to get a look at the place...nice town and nice older, downtown building...looks good.

Not much for ambience, Shane, but the food is excellent. THE best Pork Tenderloin in Iowa, believe it or not. I haven't had the steak, yet.

I'm surprised a lot of you bandwagon jumpers haven't hopped on the Texas bus, yet.
Me? I think it's to force ND's hand. If they join the Big Ten, do they really lose the TV revenue?? I say not. The Big Ten already swamps every other conference in $$. The closest? The SEC at $40 mil behind. In fact, add up the rest of the majors. The Big 12, PAC 10, ACC and the Big Least do not equal the Big Ten's TV $$, combined. With ND joining how much $$ does that add? ND loses nothing. So, the BCS says to ND "you haven't done jack in how many years?" Join a conference. Because your 18 mil $ is history for making a BCS bowl. $6 mil, at best. Plus, the honcho's are scared to death of what happens to the Big 12 once Texas leaves. TCU???

Adding Neb, Mizz, and Boise;

West
Bosie
Neb
Iowa
Mizz
Minn
Indi
Ill

East
Ohio St.
Michigan
Mi State
Penn St
Purdue
Wis
Northwestern

Boise's problem is their lack of academics or any meaningful sports program other than football.

West
Texas
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Illinois
East
Purdue
Indiana
Michigan State
Michigan
Ohio State
Penn State

Last edited:
Notre Dame

North:
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Michigan
Michigan State
Ohio State
Northwestern

South:
Iowa
Illinois
Indiana
Notre Dame
Penn State
Purdue

Last edited:
I'm gonna go greedy here and say the Big Ten adds 3. ND figures out they can't survive on beans from NBC who hates broadcasting horrible football, and they join once the Big Ten gives them a cop out by adding Missouri and Rutgers to tap into 2 new markets while maintaining a balance between east and west.

EAST:

Pennsylvania State University
Ohio State University
University of Michigan
Michigan State University
Purdue University
University of Indiana
Rutgers University

WEST:

Notre Dame University
University of Wisconsin
University of Minnesota