OK, Where Do We Make Up The Nebraska Loss?

I hate the Nebr. loss. But, I don’t see it as a huge deal in the long run. Name a team that has not been the victim of a loss to a clearly inferior team.
I completely agree. Yes, the Hawks crapped down their legs in Lincoln. Teams have bad losses, it happens. Better that than the 1 seed Virginia loss in the first round of the tournament.
Besides, lots of good wins after one bad loss.
Everything is fine.

To me they already made up for it by winning their next game and not letting it beat them twice IMO. 95% of the field is going to have a bad loss. I just hope we don't finish 2nd or something and miss 1st by 1 game or have that game come down to a tie breaker deal for a top 4 seed or something. Then it might sting in hindsight

Sometimes, a loss like that helps the team in the long run ... you just never know. It's possible things came together after that game ... the narrative is still there to be written.

I could get on board with that for the DePaul game, but the Nebraska game was more of a fluke than a gut check game. They tried plenty hard in that game. They just couldn't get shots to fall.

I could get on board with that for the DePaul game, but the Nebraska game was more of a fluke than a gut check game. They tried plenty hard in that game. They just couldn't get shots to fall.

And, learned some lessons. Don't settle for 3s early in the shot clock, get the ball to Garza and hope CJF is healthy. :)

To me they already made up for it by winning their next game and not letting it beat them twice IMO. 95% of the field is going to have a bad loss. I just hope we don't finish 2nd or something and miss 1st by 1 game or have that game come down to a tie breaker deal for a top 4 seed or something. Then it might sting in hindsight
You could argue that we had a Penn State hangover in Lincoln and that the Nittanies beat us twice.

For me, a win at Minnesota, Purdue, or Sparty, three places we don't win very often, will offset Nebraska. Wouldn't it be something if Nebraska quietly snuck on some people and passed OSU and Michigan in the standings.

Yes, winning this wisky game was grabbing a loss and turning it into a win. Probably is one of those losses that shouldnt have been and it wasnt so it makes up for maybe half the Nebby loss.

Get one more gutty road win and that will make up for it.

Beating Maryland (without Fredrick), Michigan and Wisconsin at home on this stretch was key. I didn't think they could pull them all off, so I think they're on track, trading a loss to Nebraska for a sweep of these guys. The rest of the away games will be very tough. One win out of the bunch would be good, two -> great.

Go Hawks.

Latest posts