OK...what are you going to complain about this week?

Don't know why your calling people out. Northwestern is a bad team. Very bad. Iowa should have won this game without problem. Now, if Iowa is able to beat a team like Michigan or Michigan St., then you can come on here and call out the naysayers.

Don't know why your calling people out. Northwestern is a bad team. Very bad. Iowa should have won this game without problem. Now, if Iowa is able to beat a team like Michigan or Michigan St., then you can come on here and call out the naysayers.

I don't know how you define winning "without a problem," but I'd argue that we did. We were up 34-17 with 7:30 to go. Game over. That's about as good as it's going to get for us against Northwestern.

1 of 7 on 3rd down. Allowing the opponent to convert 16 of 22 on 3rd down. Allowing the opponent to convert 72% of their pass completions. Allowing the opponent to rack up 495 yards and 38 minutes in time of possession. Not being able to close the game out at the 17-0 mark against a team that is notorious for coming back and beating us.

See, I think that only having 7 third downs is a good thing. We scored on 6 of our 12 possessions (4 TDs and 2 FGs). 3 punts, 1 turnover, and 2 run out the clocks (end of 1st half, end of regulation). I'm not sure what else you can ask for. Northwestern, with their amazing third down conversion rate, actually punted more than we did (4-3). This obsession with a few cherry-picked statistics is a classic case of missing the forest for the trees.

And by what definition did we "not close the game out"? We ended the thing with 7+ minutes to go in regulation.

Last edited:
Great to get the win and great to beat Northwestern. Of course. But only the blindest of the homers could pretend everything is just fine.

We ran over a pathetic defense (in 2 of the 4 quarters) and gave up nearly 500 yards to a 2-4 team on our home field. We're still a 7-5 team at best unless we pick it up a lot!

Great to get the win and great to beat Northwestern. Of course. But only the blindest of the homers could pretend everything is just fine.

We ran over a pathetic defense (in 2 of the 4 quarters) and gave up nearly 500 yards to a 2-4 team on our home field. We're still a 7-5 team at best unless we pick it up a lot!

I don't know what to tell you other than that if we go 6-6 I'll eat my computer. I guess that makes me one of the blindest of homers.

Exactly. And, how do we stop that successful "dink and dunk all day long" crap anyway?

My complaint is very simple: we still have a very hard time stopping a mobile quarterback and dink and dunk passing. Persa, Colton and Siemien moved the ball on us very effectively, even late in the game. Take away Miller's 98-yard pick six, the winning margin is a field goal. And if you view the return as a 12-point swing (no points for NU when they were in the red zone, six points for Iowa), we lose. Fortunately, JVB was able to exploit NU's secondary on two long passes that went for TDs.

Happy for the win? Absolutely.

But also not totally comfortable with what I saw. On paper, NU dominated.

I'm also hacked off we got beaten by the Clowns, who have proceeded to stink the place up in subsequent games. We never should have lost to them.

My complaint is that it was warmer at game time than predicted the result of which was that I was over dressed and therefore sweaty which kinda made my balls itch while I was walking back to my car after the game.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNGC36gE2yo&feature=related]CB4- Sweat From My Balls original - YouTube[/ame]

I'd like to know why in this game nearly everybody participated in the burrito pump but most games they do not?

I also noticed that the place was burrito pump happy, including myself.

Because the game was going well, and it was a night game. It was a joyous evening.

My only complaint is that the night had to end. What a great environment and a sweet win over the hated Wildcats and their arrogant coach

I would like to complain about the wind all afternoon. We had to put the sides on our Hawkeye tailgating tent and we had to get out the stakes and ropes to tie the darn thing down. Oh, well. Still had a great time eating, talking, and playing bean bag toss.

Last edited:
Thanks OP...I do have a complaint! Kids who eat their boogers right in front of you need spanked by their parents...disgusting...

Latest posts