OK, so now, your expectations for Moss?

Is Uthoff on an NBA roster now?
Moss in the league- ain't gonna happen!

I'm not saying it is. It's way more longshot then anything, but he supposedly tested pretty well in his NBA test workouts. I think that is more about athletic ability then skills. Either way he is the closest behind Cook with any chance. It would be silly to not give him the opportunity. If Fran runs Moss off of screens like he did with Gatens, Marble and Jok Moss's scoring could start to climb significantly.

I'm not saying it is. It's way more longshot then anything, but he supposedly tested pretty well in his NBA test workouts. I think that is more about athletic ability then skills. Either way he is the closest behind Cook with any chance. It would be silly to not give him the opportunity. If Fran runs Moss off of screens like he did with Gatens, Marble and Jok Moss's scoring could start to climb significantly.
I'm sure Fran would love to do that. It's depends on whether Moss can learn to read and use those screens. He could be dangerous if he does learn.

Saying that Uthoff made an NBA roster is like saying Pete Best contributed significantly to the success of the Beatles.

Lol well he made 180k and played in a few games. That's making it.

Guy says he didn't make it and I merely stated the opposing fact.

I'm sure Fran would love to do that. It's depends on whether Moss can learn to read and use those screens. He could be dangerous if he does learn.

It's one of the things Fran actually does well. The guy can train a kid to score. No doubt about it.

I think I have bigger expectations for Moss than most...judging by this thread. Moss showed improvement from year 1 to year 2 in basically every category.

Freshman: 17 minutes, 6.5 points, 1.6 rebounds, 1 steal, 1.1 turnovers, 6 shot attempts, 41% shooting, 36% 3-point shooting, 74% free throw shooting.

Sophomore: 24 minutes, 11 points, 2.2 rebounds, 1.9 steal, 1.2 turnovers, 9 shot attempts, 42% shooting, 39% 3-point shooting, 88% free throw shooting.

So in 7 more minutes per game Moss shot the ball at a higher percentage on more attempts, got to the line more, and turned the ball over less per minute while averaging a full steal more. He improved all-around.

All I've ever asked is that players improve year to year. That's probably why I hated Zach McCabe so much...that dude just never improved. Baer is in a similar frustrating place...it seems he peaked early and then regressed.

This year I'd expect Moss to shoot 40% from 3, get to the line more, and average 2+ steals per game. That should be his role on this team.

I expect Moss to improve upon his offense production from last season slightly, but be more consistent. The number of minutes going to the guard spots is not going down, so 25 minutes is about right for Moss. Jok jumped from 7ppg to 16.1ppg in one year. I don't think that's fair to expect. What is fair, would be more consistency and confidence driving resulting from more experience and strength. So his overall shooting percentage goes up to 45% from more makes driving. He soaks up 2 more shots from 3 per game and maintains shooting those around 39%. That would put him around 13ppg range.

But the primary area for improvement I'll be looking for is on rebounds. You're telling me a guy that was on the court for 24 minutes a game could only manage to grab a board once every 12 minutes?! I'd expect one to bounce in his vicinity every 5 minutes or so. If he grabs those, I'd expect around 4-5 boards. That would go a long way toward helping this team out, effectively giving us 2-3 more possessions a game and taking those freebies away from our opponents. Throw in more active defense all around and we'll be very thankful he's playing for the good guys.