Ok, Iowa's good.

HaydenHawk56

First time I'm really starting to buy it (besides winning the early tourney, maybe the 5 wins in a row, the Michigan win).

Michigan is their signature win, but I think this is their most impressive win of the year. Yes, Indiana does not have the greatest record, but they are tough on their home court and they had to beat the refs tonight as well. Big road win and if this keeps up.....depending on the draw....NCAAs could be very interesting for Iowa.

The Fran collapse is something that I still keep in mind, but I think with what we have left is unlikely to happen.

Fran has something cooking right now.

First time I'm really starting to buy it (besides winning the early tourney, maybe the 5 wins in a row, the Michigan win).

Michigan is their signature win, but I think this is their most impressive win of the year. Yes, Indiana does not have the greatest record, but they are tough on their home court and they had to beat the refs tonight as well. Big road win and if this keeps up.....depending on the draw....NCAAs could be very interesting for Iowa.

The Fran collapse is something that I still keep in mind, but I think with what we have left is unlikely to happen.

Fran has something cooking right now.

Where in the hell did the B1G dig up those refs???? They sucked the entire game!!

I could see going 5-3 down the stretch. If we don't go 4-4 at least it would be a disappointed end to the reg season.

It's hard to imagine this teams ceiling next year if cook returns.

Not that I expect him to, but he really should. It worked just fine for Draymond green

A win at Indiana is a great win.

"Fate" was leading us to a classic Iowa meltdown but NO, Iowa bucks it up. Great en of the game by JB.

Please, please, block out the big guys. On that jam, put back, late in the game. Two guys standing there after the shot went up, watching....BOX OUT!!!!!

I could see going 5-3 down the stretch. If we don't go 4-4 at least it would be a disappointed end to the reg season.
My thoughts exactly 5 and 3, is a real possibility. A lot of talented but young teams in the league. Iowa's experience is really showing up in these last few games.

Considering our remaining schedule 4-4 would be a major disappointment.

I think we have a legit shot at 6-2.

I just realized. We went 2-2 over the last brutal stretch that looked like it could be easily 0-4. These last 2 wins were huge. All we have to do is win against the bottom dwellers to get to 10-10. 11-9 if you count Nebraaka as a bottom dweller. Then we have a few chances to get a few more wins on top of that. The team's ceiling and floor keep climbing higher and higher.

The schedule sets up great for the "Fran teams collapse" people. The bracket simulator has us winning the next 4. That would have us looking like a potential 3 seed or so in the NCAA tournament. Then it has us losing 3 of the last 4. If it plays out that way, people will only remember how the team fell apart. They won't remember what the schedule looked like. All that said, the road game at Nebraska might actually be a terrible loss by the time we get to it.

Definitely looking up. That was a great road win!!
Especially with the defense Indiana played in the second half. We scored only 31 points. We had only three assists. They were locking in, but we weren't turning it over. We eventually were able to get the shot off. And Cook and JBo late showed what can happen when you get a shot off. They go in sometimes.

Some said that our win vs Michigan was in large part to their inept play. Not this one. We earned it. It was tough and gritty. Garza never had a chance to get into any rythym. Langford shut Wiescamp down in second half. Bench play was spotty. But we were in the passing lanes, we were making Indiana work on offense too, and our experienced players rose to the top in the clutch. In some ways the most impressive win of the year, especially on the road and especially when many on this board were doubtful (poll results not withstanding).:)

A win at Indiana is a great win.

"Fate" was leading us to a classic Iowa meltdown but NO, Iowa bucks it up. Great en of the game by JB.

Please, please, block out the big guys. On that jam, put back, late in the game. Two guys standing there after the shot went up, watching....BOX OUT!!!!!
Box out is BASIC. Improvement is Steps no? Maybe small sometimes. Miss Cordell.Still Next.Tough Hawk Players...

It's hard to imagine this teams ceiling next year if cook returns.

Not that I expect him to, but he really should. It worked just fine for Draymond green

The question will be if he thinks he can get better and improve his draft stock by playing his senior season. He can leave and get paid, or come back to a team with a legit chance at a special season and polish off his game at the same time. He's got a tough decision.

Latest posts