OK, I'll make a prediction

We can't be as bad as we played last week....can we?

I think Coker has another big game, and McNutt scores again.

24-21 Iowa...

For some reason...i hope the home field lifts the Iowa defense.

Before the season and again at mid season I had Michigan losing to Iowa.

But, the closeness of the Indiana game in the first half and then last weeks "upset" of Iowa made me wonder what is this Iowa coaching staff thinking?

I doubt the staff can continue in the exact same direction and expect much success in November, expecting the opposition to ignore their tendancies or more accurately the coaching staffs game day habits. Most folks who follow the program can pretty much predict what the staff will do in certain situations. The opposition even more so as they study the tapes and prepare the game plans.

Unless the staff changes things up I just don't see a very good outcome in November.

I don't see where you guys predicting a blow out are coming from....

I'll play Devil's Advocate:

Michigan's D is 5th ranked in the country, and Iowa's is 42nd. The last time we played a D ranked that high we scored 3 points.

Out of our 5 wins, only Tennessee Tech has a winning record.

Our most similar opponents at home were...
Pitt: Their D ranks 45th and their O ranks 68th.
NW: Their D ranks 90th and their O ranks 40th.

So, when you figure we scored 31 points against the better D and gave up 31 against the better O then you could predict Michigan to do significantly better against both.

Their QB throws INT's, our QB gets sacked a lot.

I hate predicting games off stats because they can be sliced and diced to fit multiple views and frankly there is still a reason we actually schedule them and play them.

I personally don't see this game being a blow out. I would predict Michigan to win by about 8, 28 - 20 type of game, but if we don't show up or Michigan gets rolling it's not remotely out of the realm of possibility that they roll up big on us.

I think it was Duff that said earlier this week that we usually win when we have more points after 4 quarters. With that said, I say we win on Saturday unless Michigan out scores us in the first 4 quarters.

Latest posts