OK, I'll make a prediction

jameskalina

Earlier this week I said I have no clue who will win the game this Saturday.

I will go with the more talented team. Michigan by 1.

Iowa: 27
Michigan: 24

My potential ulcer status before this game: 5%
My potential ulcer status after this game: 87%

What the heck.... I would like to think differently but I don't think our defense will show up again. I predict I will be leaving by end of third quarter to head out to go Elk hunting fuming mad and driving angry.

Mich 38
IA 23

I think its reasonable to think we'll see the end of the season offensive crap show that we saw last year.

What the heck.... I would like to think differently but I don't think our defense will show up again. I predict I will be leaving by end of third quarter to head out to go Elk hunting fuming mad and driving angry.

Mich 38
IA 23

Drive careful and drink when you get there, Vegas. Enjoy the hunting trip.

Preseason:
Michigan 38 - 35 (based on last 2 seasons + their improved defense / Iowa's worse defense).

Now:
Michigan 41 - 24.

This defense is shell-shocked and full of self-doubt (read between Brod Binns' comments over the last 2 or 3 weeks). They are at a point of potential collapse because they are second-guessing their capabilities, which leads to (subliminally) second-guessing their team mates (what Prater has struggled with since Iowa State, which is why his performance has progressively deteriorated). It's just not a good time to be facing potential humiliation by Shoelaces, at home, after one of the worse losses in the Ferentz era. Iowa needs some really good bounces to gain some confidence and help them to keep treading.

The offense isn't going to put up 45, or even 31. This ain't Indiana or NwU, this defense has a pulse and will come at JVB like Minnesota, only better and faster.

I don't see where you guys predicting a blow out are coming from. Michigan has only played two BCS level teams with a winning record so far, and they are 1-1. They have only played on the road twice, and they are 1-1. Their offense is only averaging 2 points more per game than ours. They have quite a bit of trouble handling a team with a good rushing attack (MSU put up 200+ and ND put up 200 yards rushing). Their QB has thrown 11 ints in 8 games.

I am not saying Iowa will win (although I personally think they do), but I certainly do not see them getting blown out.

Iowa wins by 2 scores and at the end of the game instead of In Heaven there is No Beer...we hear 70,000 Hawk fans say...How the **** did we lose to Minnesota and isux.

I have had faith Iowa would win every game this season. I have finally lost faith after we hit rock bottom. We lose 31-17 this week.

I don't see where you guys predicting a blow out are coming from. Michigan has only played two BCS level teams with a winning record so far, and they are 1-1. They have only played on the road twice, and they are 1-1. Their offense is only averaging 2 points more per game than ours. They have quite a bit of trouble handling a team with a good rushing attack (MSU put up 200+ and ND put up 200 yards rushing). Their QB has thrown 11 ints in 8 games.

I am not saying Iowa will win (although I personally think they do), but I certainly do not see them getting blown out.

I agree BT. Iowa usually plays well coming off a loss, it is at home, and as you said, MI is far from a proven commodity this year.

My pick: An expected offensive shootout instead devolves into trench warfare. A defensive struggle.
Final: Iowa 12, Michigan 10, on a Rob Hout, er, Myers last second FG.

Drive careful and drink when you get there, Vegas. Enjoy the hunting trip.

Thanks KC, you know opening day is tomorrow but holding off until Saturday after the game (gotta support our boys through the good and the bad). Planning on warming up with some spirits after we get there tomorrow night, its over a 3 1/2 hr drive past Pioche, NV and will be colder than a witches _ _ _!

I'm surprised so many people go on record stating they will lose. I never predict a loss. If there is a chance it will be a loss I usually don't predict anything. As many people have indicated the last 4 could easily all be losses and they could quite possibly win any of them. We really still just don't know what to expect out of this team. They are a much different team at home, so we will see come Saturday.

i guarantee kind of probably that either Michigan or Iowa wins, im somewhat confident in that i think

Latest posts