OK Fran. You and I are the same age, and I have one big question....

ricka

I see Kelvin Sampson leading Houston to the final 4 and I am just curious... How much illegal recruiting is actually being done in D1 basketball? Can we compete with this bullshit? Is the system so broken that player benefits/contracts and payments are the only way to stabilize the Power 5 and Division 1 basketball?

So I guess I'm just curious what Barta and Fran would say? What would the majority of the fan base say? It is so tiring to see this.

Kelvin Sampson started texting guys before the NCAA said it was okay....you got anything else on him clown fan? We are heading toward a Gonzaga/Baylor final it is a bad year to make that argument.

Back the truck up. I've been a lifelong hawkeye fan and I hope/maybe Iowa has been doing it the right way, but since we cannot get over the top in THE tournament I was just suggesting maybe pressing the envelope?

And is the dirtiest program in both basketball and football the Baylor teams in the last 20 years?

Right Way at Iowa equates to basically what we've gotten the past 3 decades. Our best teams in the past 30 years (going by NCAA tournament seed) are:

1992-93 (4 seed) - 2nd Round Loss
2005-06 (3 seed) - 1st Round Loss
2020-21 (2 seed) - 2nd Round Loss

Yeah, the 1993 team probably goes deeper with Chris Street.

The Sweet 16 team in '99 was a 5 seed. Otherwise, our opponents have pretty much eaten our lunch for us in all the other 2nd round games. We've typically been seeded 7 or lower, so no shocker there.

So, Yay? I guess?

1617117630880.png

^^^ All that said, Iowa is probably also in the Final Four if they get Houston's path. Double digit seed opponents all the way.

Iowa can't even get ONE upset to help them out, though, much less all the way through the entire region.

^^^ All that said, Iowa is probably also in the Final Four if they get Houston's path. Double digit seed opponents all the way.

Iowa can't even get ONE upset to help them out, though, much less all the way through the entire region.
As in one ever...in 27 tournament tries.

Hard to believe but it’s even worse than not getting upset help. The team we played got a bye. Then we’re down 2 starters...having recovered admirably from losing Nunge.

Latest posts