OK... can we get to 5 wins in 2013?

hawkforlife9

State will suck. I assume there will be a couple other cakewalks on the schedule. Can we pick up two BIG wins?

Back to 6 or 7 in 2014.

As an ISU fan, I expect ISU to win. As much as we may suck, why wouldn't any ISU fan expect it?

We will likely win the following games:

Missouri State
Western Michigan
Minnesota
Purdue

We just may lose one of these we should win and maybe you can add a win at home that I have not contemplated but regardless I don't see us winning more than 4 games next season....and we will not lead the nation in close losses so things are going to get
worse next season.

State will suck. I assume there will be a couple other cakewalks on the schedule. Can we pick up two BIG wins?

Back to 6 or 7 in 2014.

looking for my magig 8 ball.

5-novelty

After losing to Central Mich, Indy and Purdue this year and nearly losing to NIU there is no such thing as a gimme anymore for these Hawks. Sad but true.

I know it is very fashonable to kick Iowa football while they are down,but I refuse to give in to the doom and gloomers.

I think our schedule next year is manageable.

ISU on the road is no gimmee,but they lose plenty,and they have beaten us by a sliver the last two games...I think Iowa gets this one.

Northern Illinois is tough,but it is in Kinnick and they lose a number of defenders. Winnable.
Miss St and West Mich in kinnick...wins.

AT minny- we handled them this year,and so this is a toss-up,but very winnable.
MSU at Kinnick...they lose a lot of defense,and we beat them this year...winnable.
At OSU- loss.
NW at Kinnick- they lose a fair number of linemen...winnable.
At Purdue- new coach,new system...winnable
Wisconsin at Kinnick...they lose plenty again this year,including Ball....winnable.
Michigan at Kinnick- loss
At Nebby- loss.

I could see Iowa winning 7,8 or 9 games next year,if we get better QB play and stay healthy.

We'll get between 3 and 5 wins. If we go bowless 3 yrs in a row the following year, Kurtis will be fired or retire.

We will be lucky to get 5 wins. The Iowa program has fallen so far that we are now the old Minnesota of the league. Honestly, that p (s) me off to even write that. When I think of Kirk and his big fat contract, and the shape and state of the program it really peeves me. The U of I will be around a lot longer than Kirk. And sadly, we are stuck with a mediocre product AT LEAST for two or three years (and maybe even longer). But gosh darn, we will keep filling Kinnick. And heck, we are only one hire away from ... :) ... This just sucks. It sucks we are no longer relevant ... And no excuse. Kirk is running the place. These are his coaches, his recruits, his philosopy, his game-time management ... And Kirk, well, time has just passed you by buddy.

Yes, with another bad year next year I think it will be ferrets last. He will either quit or get the ban hammer.

I know it is very fashonable to kick Iowa football while they are down,but I refuse to give in to the doom and gloomers.

ISU on the road is no gimmee,but they lose plenty,and they have beaten us by a sliver the last two games...I think Iowa gets this one.

Northern Illinois is tough,but it is in Kinnick and they lose a number of defenders. Winnable.

MSU at Kinnick...they lose a lot of defense,and we beat them this year...winnable.
At OSU- loss.
Wisconsin at Kinnick...they lose plenty again this year,including Ball....winnable.
At Nebby- loss.

I could see Iowa winning 7,8 or 9 games next year,if we get better QB play and stay healthy.

Hawks will lose their "best" players on the OL (Tobin and Ferentz), QB (JVB, with zero D-1 reps for the incumbent at the most important position on the field), WR (Davis), DB (Hyde, Donatell), DL (Bigach, Gags).

On the dark side, as of today, they will return: The Gerg and his schematically impotent Offensive (completely negating CJF and KMM in the receiving game, misusing Garmon between the tackles and asking Weisman to run stretch read plays on crucial downs of 3+ yards). The Corporal's routine situational gaffes and lack of urgency to win (completely negating opportunities to hurry up and attack or seize momentum).

I would've supported your optimism even as recently as 2011. After 2012, as long as the above two are still influencing the Hawks' performance, all those "winnables" are now tilted toward likely L's. That's not doom and gloom. That's based on proven performance and real (lack of) results.

At OSU- loss.
At Nebby- loss.

I thought our schedule this year was manageable...

As an ISU fan, I expect ISU to win. As much as we may suck, why wouldn't any ISU fan expect it?

I can't disagree. After ISU's dominating wins over Iowa the past two seasons I wouldn't expect otherwise either.

Anyone who tries to make an accurate prediction about next year's team without seeing Rudock or Sokol prior to this spring and summer is a silly moron.

Latest posts