Ohio state

This is the damm "video everything" generation. The woman has her phone in the air on the court (where she isn't allowed to be) and Clark runs into to her trying to exit. God forbid someone rushes the court out of joy instead of the "I was there" video they want to post. Worse still, she looks back and can see she injured someone and instead of helping her up, walks away and joins the celebration. That alone should make this "fan" lose ticket privileges.

Also iowa as a team didn’t shoot well . Clark can’t do it all .
Seriously if Stuelke could make half the layups she misses and FTs she misses they win this in regulation. I mean point blank layups. And I'm not going to single just her out. Goodman misses her share of those hell even Clark missed a layup because she was focused too much on trying to draw contact and get an and 1 out of it. Make the damn layups. In the 2nd half and especially OT Iowa only went to the hoop periodically when they should've exclusively. They had all their starters with 4 fouls for peats sake. They were either going to give it to you or foul out the way it was going. So part of that is on Bluder.

Seriously if Stuelke could make half the layups she misses and FTs she misses they win this in regulation. I mean point blank layups. And I'm not going to single just her out. Goodman misses her share of those hell even Clark missed a layup because she was focused too much on trying to draw contact and get an and 1 out of it. Make the damn layups. In the 2nd half and especially OT Iowa only went to the hoop periodically when they should've exclusively. They had all their starters with 4 fouls for peats sake. They were either going to give it to you or foul out the way it was going. So part of that is on Bluder.
Spot on!

Agree all of above but stuelke really is a true forward not a center. the other gals at center are not getting it done so really I but this on bluder some not all . Are centers are not athletic at all . Are center last year could at least shoot Monica C . You just hate to waste a year with Clark still on the team . I know what Bluder has said but I can’t believe she couldn’t of got a center in the portal .

Agree all of above but stuelke really is a true forward not a center. the other gals at center are not getting it done so really I but this on bluder some not all . Are centers are not athletic at all . Are center last year could at least shoot Monica C . You just hate to waste a year with Clark still on the team . I know what Bluder has said but I can’t believe she couldn’t of got a center in the portal .
No doubt Suelke is playing out of position a lot. She's definitely a 4 not a 5. Occasionally when they play small ball she can do that but not most of the time. Goodman is just not a D1 player. She has a tough time catching Clarks passes let alone making layups. She can't defend a fence post either. I have a tough time understanding the playing time she gets. I'd be trying the other two O'Grady and Ediger over her for awhile.

Yeah they swung and missed trying to bring in a 5 to replace Monica. They knew they didn't have anyone close to being as good as she was to replace her. Which is too bad. Having a 5 that can can play the pick and roll game with Clark is as deadly as it gets. Stuelke can dive to the hoop off it but she can't pick and pop like Monica could.

No doubt Suelke is playing out of position a lot. She's definitely a 4 not a 5. Occasionally when they play small ball she can do that but not most of the time. Goodman is just not a D1 player. She has a tough time catching Clarks passes let alone making layups. She can't defend a fence post either. I have a tough time understanding the playing time she gets. I'd be trying the other two O'Grady and Ediger over her for awhile.

Yeah they swung and missed trying to bring in a 5 to replace Monica. They knew they didn't have anyone close to being as good as she was to replace her. Which is too bad. Having a 5 that can can play the pick and roll game with Clark is as deadly as it gets. Stuelke can dive to the hoop off it but she can't pick and pop like Monica could.
Yep spot on .

Yep spot on .
I just wish knowing all this that Bluder would call games accordingly better. They put an awful lot on Clarks shoulders and having Davis, Marshal and Affolter step up is what they really need more of. If the big girls would just defend set screens and rebound they could get by with that. We'll see they have half the yr to go or so.

Meh.
Not worried. Hannah clearly fighting injury.
They did not rebound well. Nor did they shoot well in the paint. A couple rebounds, a couple better decisions in the paint and they win handily.

Also, leaving that wing open hurt.

Fun to watch them play. Clark is astounding.

I took that loss surprisingly well. I'm as invested in this as I am football. A football loss and I'm irrationally grumpy until Monday. Not that I wasn't smacking couch cushions or yelling yesterday, but once the game ended I was surprising calm. Maybe because it'll all come down to the tourneys as basketball always does.

You can say Stuelke is a 4 and not a Center, but can she hit a 10 ft jump shot? No. Can she make any shots consistently beyond 3 ft? No. So, that pretty much makes her a 5, no matter her height. Until she expands her shooting range and can up her FT %, she's a very limited player in BTen ball.

On another note, just watched the Bluder & Clark postgame interviews. Both very complimentary and classy. And kind of funny, Bluder acknowledged exactly what I posted on here yesterday. She specifically said "I take responsibility for what happened the last 5 minutes" and "I probably should have changed up our defense in that stretch".

Yep.

You can say Stuelke is a 4 and not a Center, but can she hit a 10 ft jump shot? No. Can she make any shots consistently beyond 3 ft? No. So, that pretty much makes her a 5, no matter her height. Until she expands her shooting range and can up her FT %, she's a very limited player in BTen ball.

On another note, just watched the Bluder & Clark postgame interviews. Both very complimentary and classy. And kind of funny, Bluder acknowledged exactly what I posted on here yesterday. She specifically said "I take responsibility for what happened the last 5 minutes" and "I probably should have changed up our defense in that stretch".

Yep.
I love Bluder, but another error she made yesterday was not playing for the "two for one" at the end of the first half. The ball was inbounded, I believe, with just under 50 seconds to go. She had Caitlin slow-walk it up and hold on the shot until late in the shot clock. That gives you one shot and gives OSU the final shot of the half.

A better strategy would have been to get into the half-court offense quickly and get something off within 10-12 seconds or so. Even if you don't convert, you pretty much guarantee your team the last shot of the half. Best case, you score twice.

"Two for one" is commonplace strategy in the NBA, but for some reason there has never been much emphasis at the college level.

Last edited:
I love Bluder, but another error she made yesterday was not playing for the "two in one" at the end of the first half. The ball was inbounded, I believe, with just under 50 seconds to go. She had Caitlin slow-walk it up and hold on the shot until late in the shot clock. That gives you one shot and gives OSU the final shot of the half.

A better strategy would have been to get into the half-court offense quickly and get something off within 10-12 seconds or so. Even if you don't convert, you pretty much guarantee your team the last shot of the half. Best case, you score twice.

"Two in one" is commonplace strategy in the NBA, but for some reason there has never been much emphasis at the college level.
. Clark is a great player but other players have to step up or Iowa won’t go far in the big dance .

This is the damm "video everything" generation. The woman has her phone in the air on the court (where she isn't allowed to be) and Clark runs into to her trying to exit. God forbid someone rushes the court out of joy instead of the "I was there" video they want to post. Worse still, she looks back and can see she injured someone and instead of helping her up, walks away and joins the celebration. That alone should make this "fan" lose ticket privileges.

Precisely, looked to me as though she ran into Caitlin who was heading off court

This is the damm "video everything" generation.

There it is, the fools pay hundreds for A-level rock concerts and stand in front of the stage
watching their iPhone recording it while the band is playing Live right there

OSU had the game gift-wrapped and presented to them by the Hawks themselves with each
missed free throw, make one, and emerge victorious from the arena

No Damn OT involved and the idiot doesn't blast onto the court in a frenzy into Caitlin

:cool:

. Clark is a great player but other players have to step up or Iowa won’t go far in the big dance .
Yup same story as last yr. Monica was huge. This yr it's the CC show pretty much. Martin is should be but her ceiling kinda is what it is. Stuelke can't stay out of foul trouble or stay healthy. Plus she misses a lot of layups even when in there tough to count on her.

It's really noticeable how against the better teams Clark has her bigger games scoring because they can take away Iowas role players better. The teams like Rutgers and Purdue who aren't as good are suspect to giving up open looks to Marshal, Davis Martin and others more so CC can do less scoring. Clark can score into the 40s and Iowa can still win. So long as she's shooting efficiently.

This game came down to D the last 3 mins of regulation and Iowa's sloppy TOs. Never shoulda went to OT.

Watching the video on YouTube, it looked like the idiot swung her elbow at Caitlin's head
immediately after the initial collision

She kept on walking and turned around, looked away from her phone, and smiled at the cameras

Huge grin

Some of the announcers blamed Caitlin, saying she should have seen it coming

Damn

Watching the video on YouTube, it looked like the idiot swung her elbow at Caitlin's head
immediately after the initial collision

She kept on walking and turned around, looked away from her phone, and smiled at the cameras

Huge grin

Some of the announcers blamed Caitlin, saying she should have seen it coming

Damn
I just thought it was a freak accident. CC was in a hurry to get the F out of there and it was chaos. Some on social media have tried saying all sorts of garbage about how CC did it on purpose for attention or some shit. Just the dumbest shit ever. She's only spoken about it for 20 seconds when asked about it is all in the post game. Her haters are going to be haters I suppose.

Bluder had the more pointed things to say about it all and rightfully so. Not even a week or two ago Painter for Purdue damn near predicted something bad would happen if these stormings keep being allowed to happen.

Make the punishment for it not worth the risk. If a kid is IDd for having done it severely punish them somehow. Schools should be punished for not preventing it. It's not hard to imagine now so what if Clark got hurt and had to miss any games at all let alone say the rest of the yr. The NCAA is so damn reactive instead of proactive they are damn near pointless. Schools need to do it themselves