Ohio State arrogance...

I honestly don't see anything incorrect, other than TP's hype. One game doesn't make a career.

Well, i hate to say it, but they are the top dog without a doubt, and have been for a better part of a decade. While they (site reps) were slightly arrogant, one mentioned Iowa and Wisconsin specifically. They also downplayed Prior and talked up Clay.

That being said they do think "OSU will run away with it" and that is some decent motivation, but these aren't comments made by coaches or players.

And why shouldn't they be cocky, very cocky. They have won the Big 10 for five straight years and are picked to win it again. The team picked to place second, they outright own...Iowa. They play in a BCS game every year and compete for playing in the NC game almost every year. Until another Big 10 team steps up to the plate and dethrones them, ESPECIALLY Iowa, they have every reason to be arrogant. And Iowa can paper the walls with articles about OSU but until they prove they can actually BEAT osu Iowa has no room to say ANYTHING or talk ANY trash about osu...they simply own Iowa and have for the past five or decades, it hasn't even been a competition.

I thought it was going to be someone of relevance. They are talking to the tool shed from buckeyesports.com.

tOSU gets the best athletes and is rightly ranked No. 1 in the B10. No argument. Looking forward to them coming to Kinnick.

And why shouldn't they be cocky, very cocky. They have won the Big 10 for five straight years and are picked to win it again. The team picked to place second, they outright own...Iowa. They play in a BCS game every year and compete for playing in the NC game almost every year. Until another Big 10 team steps up to the plate and dethrones them, ESPECIALLY Iowa, they have every reason to be arrogant. And Iowa can paper the walls with articles about OSU but until they prove they can actually BEAT osu Iowa has no room to say ANYTHING or talk ANY trash about osu...they simply own Iowa and have for the past five or decades, it hasn't even been a competition.

Not too sure about that. 2004 for example. Yes, we've lost ALOT of games to Ohio State, but I certainly wouldn't say they "owned" us last year.
There's a lot of football to be played and I'm thinking they're forgetting some of their competition.

Until we knock them off the top of the mountain......the can talk some smack. Let's just focus on knocking em off of the Mountain

14-45-3. Put the pitcher of Kool-Aid down and step away from the keyboard.
+1

I'll add:

Remember when Iowa went 31-7 from 02-04? That being our very best 3-year W/L % in history? (81.6%)

Even with a sub par year (for OSU)(8-4 in 2004), they went 33-6 (84.6%), besting Iowa's best ever 3-year record.

+1

I'll add:

Remember when Iowa went 31-7 from 02-04? That being our very best 3-year W/L % in history? (81.6%)

Even with a sub par year (for OSU)(8-4 in 2004), they went 33-6 (84.6%), besting Iowa's best ever 3-year record.

Good point. The fact is tOSU has one of the elite athletic departments in the country. And as far as the game of football is concerned, they own us.

You're right. Iowa has no chance come Nov. 20th.

Hell, I don't even know why the game needs to be played.

I didn't say we have no chance to beat them this year and I don't think that. He said they don't own us my reply was that the overall record says otherwise.

They way they talk about having "superior" athletes and how the expectations for them to win it all are justified......hopefully they don't cry foul when Tressel doesn't win BTCOY yet again.

I didn't say we have no chance to beat them this year and I don't think that. He said they don't own us my reply was that the overall record says otherwise.

My point is that none of that ownage will have anything to do with how the game turns out.

If history dictates future results, whoever ends up in the west should just cede to Nebraska.

Again, my post had nothing to do with this year's game and everything to do with the series as a whole.

Latest posts