Ohio St suspends Tressell for 2 games

ChosenChildren

Jim Tressell just admitted that he lied to Ohio St and the NCAA. Ohio St is "self-imposing" a two game suspension on Tressell, plus a 250K fine. This is B___S____.

Tressell should be banned from college football and Ohio State should get the death penalty for this one. The whole athletic department knew about this cover up, but did nothing about it. They wanted to protect Pryor and their chances for a national championship. Unbelievable.

The entire athletic department knew about this. They only came clean when the U.S. Attorney found out about the infractions. Of course, Tressell is the fall guy to protect Gene Smith and probably Gordon Gee, another jerk of questionable character.

Ohio State has had more NCAA infractions since 2000 than any other program in the NCAA (see Adam Rittenberg article in ESPN today). This is a corrupt, dirty program that has been paying players over many years. The Big Ten should self-police and kick these bums out of the Big Ten. I'm serious. Take Nebraska and kick Ohio State out. Iowa cannot compete with a program that cheats at this level.

Correct Gene Smith said the only reason he came back today was to get ahead of the leak out of New York. Reporter asked if he forwarded the emails to any one else and Smith stopped him from answering. Gee is laying a thick layer of crap down now.

Wow there were some uncomfortable questions for Jim. The just of one of them was "how can you be so stupid to not tell anyone". Long pause by Jim to try and find an answer.

Guys, it is physically impossible to be corrupt while wearing a sweater vest. It just can't happen.

Pathetic.

The thing that really pisses me off about all of this is the NCAA and fOSU suspended the players for NEXT year thus allowing them to play in the Sugar Bowl under the guise that fOSU / NCAA didn't know about the infractions until late in the game.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Tressel and Bruce Pearl. I could see both of them getting a one year just cause suspension. Keep in mind, the SEC also suspended Pearl for 1/3 or 1/4 of the conference schedule too. It would be expected that Delaney steps in and suspends Tressell for the same amount of time.

**** fOSU.

All 3 of them looked pathetic. Gordon Gee was right in that he gave no consideration to firing Tressel...and was more concerned about Tressel throwing him out, or something to that effect. Gee is a puppet and Smith/Tressel control the strings (or should I say, pursestrings) of that University.

Hiding behind confidentiality and the well-being of their players? Yeah, right.

This definitely feels like a slap on the wrist. They're trying to get out in front of this one, hoping by making their own penalties the NCAA won't come down on them as hard. But I think the NCAA will see things otherwise, this is a serious infraction especially because Tressel is the face of the football program and he is ultimately responsible for what goes on with his players. He knowingly fielded players that were ineligible and didn't report it to either the University or the NCAA.

Now its possible that the University knew and also decided that they would try to keep it under wraps. If that is the case the whole program is corrupt and some even more serious penalties could be levied. Interesting to see what the NCAA does here, there is whole range of possibilities depending on what can be proven, which could be very difficult. But based on the fact that they have penalized Tressel they have already admitted some amount of guilt. I could easily see the year being vacated and possibly more. We'll have to just wait and see what happens.

Last edited:
Jim Tressell just admitted that he lied to Ohio St and the NCAA. Ohio St is "self-imposing" a two game suspension on Tressell, plus a 250K fine. This is B___S____.

Tressell should be banned from college football and Ohio State should get the death penalty for this one. The whole athletic department knew about this cover up, but did nothing about it. They wanted to protect Pryor and their chances for a national championship. Unbelievable.
The NCAA is a total joke. They suspended 5 players for the next season, but let them play in the bowl game? What a joke. Is there a chance that they will try to do the right thing now and lay the hammer down on OSU and Tressel? If they don't go farther than the schools self imposed penalties, they will look even worse.

I like how Gee made mention of having a profound 3 hour talk with Tressel and said he asked questions that nobody else would. To quote ensure "there was no smoking gun" out there. What does that mean? Shady

All 3 of them looked pathetic. Gordon Gee was right in that he gave no consideration to firing Tressel...and was more concerned about Tressel throwing him out, or something to that effect. Gee is a puppet and Smith/Tressel control the strings (or should I say, pursestrings) of that University.

Hiding behind confidentiality and the well-being of their players? Yeah, right.
I guarantee you that Gee is sitting on Jim Tressel's lap right now drinking from a bowl of milk. What a pathetic individual.

Is anyone surprised by this? I mean even a little surprised to find out that tosu is a pack of liars and cheats?

No, it doesn't surprise me at all. But will the Big Ten take any formal action? Will the NCAA do anything?

I doubt it. Schools like Ohio State, as corrupt as they are, drive the bus.

The whole thing stinks, it really does. Ohio State's boosters pay players. It has been going on for decades. The NCAA does nothing about it.

INCREDIBLE

Latest posts