OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT WE JUST SAW!!!!!!

I cant believe he didnt end up at Wisconsin. They always have players like him that find a way to win.
I've heard that Gordy, the father, had an issue with Alford. Shocking development there. Gordy did not have an issue with Fran.

JBo was, and still is, a weaker on ball defender than his brothers. Bo Ryan does not recruit guards who are not strong defenders.

I've heard that Gordy, the father, had an issue with Alford. Shocking development there. Gordy did not have an issue with Fran.

JBo was, and still is, a weaker on ball defender than his brothers. Bo Ryan does not recruit guards who are not strong defenders.

I just meant having a clutch player is very Wisconsin-like and very un-Iowa-like.

When was the last time we won by one?
I think a better question is, "When was the last time we won a game with a last-second shot?" I remember beating Bob Knight's Indiana team in Bloomington on a last-second tip-in by James Moses. It was February 24th, 1991. Iowa had been down 16 in the game, but had gotten it to overtime. With just eight seconds left, and Iowa down 79-78, they drew up a play where a freshman named Chris Street inbounded the ball and headed for the basket for a rebound. His pass went high to Acie Earl who grabbed it, turned around and just "threw up a shot". It missed but went right into the arms of Street. Chris actually missed the put-back but Moses was on the other side of the basket to tip it in. The time it took to go through those three shots used up the rest of the time. Iowa won 80-79, and that was THE signature win we needed to get a good spot into the tournament that year. Even then, wins at Indiana against Bob Knight teams were exceedingly rare. I think you can find a video of it on YouTube.

I think a better question is, "When was the last time we won a game with a last-second shot?" I remember beating Bob Knight's Indiana team in Bloomington on a last-second tip-in by James Moses. It was February 24th, 1991. Iowa had been down 16 in the game, but had gotten it to overtime. With just eight seconds left, and Iowa down 79-78, they drew up a play where a freshman named Chris Street inbounded the ball and headed for the basket for a rebound. His pass went high to Acie Earl who grabbed it, turned around and just "threw up a shot". It missed but went right into the arms of Street. Chris actually missed the put-back but Moses was on the other side of the basket to tip it in. The time it took to go through those three shots used up the rest of the time. Iowa won 80-79, and that was THE signature win we needed to get a good spot into the tournament that year. Even then, wins at Indiana against Bob Knight teams were exceedingly rare. I think you can find a video of it on YouTube.

Didnt Moses get a buzzer beater tip in in the tournament too?

My heart could have went b
Wow thanks..... that would be awesome to see it on youtube!

I was at Ames for a Paul Simon concert that evening. I recorded it on my VCR and watched it when we returned home. My significent other was thrilled to watch the basketball game after a very nice concert.....

I also recorded Chris Street's last game at Duke on videotape.....

Bobby Hurley really had a problem with Chris. He got into his head that game and infuriated him.....

:cool:

Credit has to go the the entire team for that magnificent comeback. They played a perfect game from the 4:30 mark to the end.....

We were fortunate that Connor's pass hit a pussykat foot, and we received a free timeout which gave Fran and the staff time to set up a play.....

The play was perfectly conceived. We had 3 seconds to catch and shoot. Tyler and Jordan were at the top of the key. Tyler suddenly ran to the basket taking his man and Bo's man with him, leaving Bonannon wide open for the excellent pass from Connor. The NW player whose Primary and Only duty was to deny Bonannon the ball couldn't get back in time to contest the shot.....

THE SHOT is Hawkeye History and will never be forgotten by rabid Hawk fans.....

:cool: