Oh Boy....

johnashawk

Cartwright brings us nothing, May is a negative, Basabe playing out of position. Marble and McCabe the two best players on the floor. = long, long, year.

Cartwright brings us nothing, May is a negative, Basabe playing out of position. Marble and McCabe the two best players on the floor. = long, long, year.

i will still take Cartwright over little Lic a backup point Gaurd. For most of th game May was the only one trying to play offence. I agree its likely to be a long year.

Cartwright is a gonna be a player, he can handle the ball and he plays pretty good defense. He was matched up against a damn good shooter.

May is an athlete and he showed it last year. He needs to take care of the ball a little better and work on his outside shot.

Cole is a good post presence, he just needs to finish at the rim!

Basbe, he is a FRESHMAN, give him a break I thought he looked okay, he will find his game here soon. This was a tough first game, SDSU is loaded with shooters.

McCabe, Brommer, and Marble looked okay, they just need to finish at the rim and control the ball when they have it. Iowa did not shoot very good today, but hey they will fall.

eff you! What a nonsensical reply. What is it that you can argue with, rather than call me an idiot.

May was our best offensive and defesive player on the floor today for the 2nd game in a row. Cartwright is light years ahead of our backup PG last year. Basabe played at PF, his natural position is PF. The two best players on the floor were Jared Cold and Eric May.

Vitrually everyhting you said was dead *** wrong.

I loved Cartwright's defense. He has very quick feet, quickest on the team by far. So have to question the intellect of anyone who says he brings nothing to the table. Not sure what you mean by "May is a negative". I find it hard to believe you even watched the game? Because your post is that stupid. If you did...well let's just say I hope you didn't.

It's hard to comprehend how Cully played so bad. In college basketball years, with as many starts as he has, he is no longer considered "young". I realize it's a new coach and system, but boy was that rough.

I'm sorry, what game were you watching? Your ability to recognize basketball talent reminds me a little of our former coach. Is that you Lick?

Cartwright will probably be a starter before too long. Marble wasn't that impressive outside of that short spurt where he put up 5 points. He will be good, just not going to be consistent this year.

Hey, Johnas maybe you should've mailed in your resume to the athletic director IF you know talent.

You got all of that out of the first 40 minutes of basketball this year? Wow, you must have a keen sense of basketball talent. Perhaps you should help out with recruiting, with as much knowledge of basketball that you have and your knack for talent evaluation?

Well, I have to respectfully disagree with just about every post.....except Jon's....and that's only because I don't understand what it means. Look at the box score, then watch a replay of the game. Marble's defense was light years better than Cartwright. As was his offense. If Cartwright's defense was so good, why was his man the leading scorer? He didn't have a sense of what the offense was trying to do. There was no rhythm, no pace to the offense in the half court.

Don't take it so personal guys, I love the team, the coaches. Just really disappointed in the way some of them played....**** poor effort. Need Matt back asap. Fewer minutes for May and Cartwright, more for Marble and Cully.

McCabe was also a bright spot. Very mature, good understanding of the game, and his game. May is forcing everything. He played lousy defense, and must have had double figure to's.

Well, I have to respectfully disagree with just about every post.....except Jon's....and that's only because I don't understand what it means. Look at the box score, then watch a replay of the game. Marble's defense was light years better than Cartwright. As was his offense. If Cartwright's defense was so good, why was his man the leading scorer? He didn't have a sense of what the offense was trying to do. There was no rhythm, no pace to the offense in the half court.

Don't take it so personal guys, I love the team, the coaches. Just really disappointed in the way some of them played....**** poor effort. Need Matt back asap. Fewer minutes for May and Cartwright, more for Marble and Cully.

McCabe was also a bright spot. Very mature, good understanding of the game, and his game. May is forcing everything. He played lousy defense, and must have had double figure to's.

May was 8-16 from the field with 20 points. He had 3 turnovers in 34 minutes....nice try. Oh and you wanted to see more of Cully....he had 4 turnovers in 25 minutes.

Let me spell out to you what Jon's post means. Your comment about Eric May was so foolish, that anything else you ever post on this board will not be taken seriously! Is that clear enough?

No one has to take an uninformed post personally, johnashawk.

But if you think May is a negative you are clueless and it is not really worth arguing.

Also, your behavior is childish when you have to tell someone to "eff you" because you can't even give your opinion, weak as it may be, w/o telling someone something so derogatory that you can't actually say it in this forum.

And since you supposedly have to take time to type you have time to think about what you are going to say and "eff you" is the best you can come up with. That is why no one will feel that your opinion matters.

Just saying May is a negative shows how uninformed you are. I would be willing to bet that just about any team in this conference would take him right now if given the opportunity. His career will probably be every bit as good as Haluska's when it is all said and done.

But he is a negative.

Re: No one has to take an uninformed post personally, johnashawk.

I love the heart Cole brings to the game. I think he is really still playing out of position as well, but what are we going to do? Iowa really needs to recruit a true big man to play at center that has decent height (legit 6 10 to 6 11 player) and the build to go with it.

Guard play is very raw, also could use an upgrade in future recruiting. In Big Ten play you have to have great guard play and a solid inside game to be successful.

Let me spell out to you what Jon's post means. Your comment about Eric May was so foolish, that anything else you ever post on this board will not be taken seriously! Is that clear enough?

Uh, sorry, but I don't know how you got that out of his post.

I'm the one in the wrong because the poster said I'm and idiot? That is actually a violation of the rules of the board....more so than mine.

Latest posts