Oh Boise

Boise has no control over who they play in conference. In the games they can control, they schedule legitimate opponents instead of FCS teams. When they beat those teams, everyone complains that those teams weren't good to begin with, or, my favorite, that those teams "weren't the same team" when Boise beat them. (See Oregon two years ago).

They are 7-1 against ranked nonconference opponents in the last four years. How many other teams can say that? How many other teams have even played 8 ranked teams outside of their own conference?

Boise has no control over who they play in conference. In the games they can control, they schedule legitimate opponents instead of FCS teams. When they beat those teams, everyone complains that those teams weren't good to begin with, or, my favorite, that those teams "weren't the same team" when Boise beat them. (See Oregon two years ago).

They are 7-1 against ranked nonconference opponents in the last four years. How many other teams can say that? How many other teams have even played 8 ranked teams outside of their own conference?

They played 8 ranked teams in four years? OR 2 a year?
2010 Iowa, played AZ,Penn,Wisky,MSU,OSU, and Missery. Thats 6 in one year, your argument is a fail. I would rather play two tough games and then skate thru cupcakes the rest of the year then play two cupcakes and play 6 ranked teams the rest of the year.

My thoughts exactly. You'd think Boise just beat Alabama.

Who is arguing that? It's pretty simple: they answered the bell on the road against a ranked opponent, and looked great doing it. A lot of teams in similar situations didn't look as good, and a lot of teams playing inferior opponents looked like crap. Boise will be ranked #4 next week. Hard to see how that's unfair.

NO WAY UGA should have been ranked. It skews everything. They'll be lucky to win 5 games.

Look at the bright side, if Boise St makes it to the NC game, we could get BCS Armageddon.

There's nothing more fun for me than watching the B10 & SEC board room brass squirm while Boise racks up wins and moves up the BCS rankings.

Georgia deserved to lose just for wearing those uniforms.

I for one like Boise... I think they have pretty well answered the critics over the last 5 years. They have a very good football team.

Apparently playing physical teams like Tenn Tech can wear down your depth too?

Considering we can't go a season without losing to a team(s) we have no business losing to, anyone who can win year after year deserves recognition. Overrated? Probably. But they win the games they schedule.

Who is arguing that? It's pretty simple: they answered the bell on the road against a ranked opponent, and looked great doing it. A lot of teams in similar situations didn't look as good, and a lot of teams playing inferior opponents looked like crap. Boise will be ranked #4 next week. Hard to see how that's unfair.

Boise is good, but what has Georgia done to deserve a ranking. They went 6-7 last year and could easily be a not good team this year (although there side of the SEC isn't really that great) People hyping up beating a preseason ranked opponent is worthless in my opinion.

I was impressed with Boise again. Sure, they play a lot of cupcakes, but they continually answer the call in big games.

Personally, I think they are fun to watch. You never know what you're going to see. I would like to see them in the NC game once. 2 reasons: to see if they can handle it and to watch the BCS sh#$ their pants.

It is easier to win games, though, when you only play one or two good teams a year.

I'll add to that. It also helps that the games are at the beginning and end of the year when they're healthy and have a lot of time to prepare, add wrinkles, etc.

Boise will not play in the NC game. Their strength of schedule will keep their BCS ranking low enough not to make it. When Georgia starts losing this year their strength of schedule component of the BCS ranking will fall even more. The BCS rankings is designed to keep teams like Boise from the NC game.

Cheating helps a lot. Now that they have been identified as cheaters, things will change. If they join a conference with standards, things will change even more.

Boise State beat an average SEC team. Nice victory in a hostile environment but Georgia is not that good. If Boise thinks if they can run the table they can point to beating Georgia as a "statement" then they're sadly mistaken

There should be no preseason polls, that would end a lot of the "statements" people make. The Oregon-LSU game was boring, I came away unimpressed with each team. I think that FSU is ranked in the Top 10 because they ended with a bowl win and happen to play Oklahoma early in the season.
Georgia being ranked is a joke, they have done nothing expect have inflated expectations under Richt and have failed, I think their best postseason win was against Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl...they have done nothing since.
All the preseason hype is a joke, let them play then rank them and see how it plays out from there. It is just fun for the media to overhype them. There are a lot of overhyped teams and some that aren't ranked that probably should be. Time will tell, but ND is seriously overrated...not a big surprise. Start ND high enough and then if they beat enough bad teams they can get into the BCS and get taken out behind the woodshed.

Boise's entire schedule is full of "tune-up" games that real teams play. They have some decent players, but until they join a major conference and play competent teams on a weekly basis, they don't deserve to be in the conversation for the national title.

Cheating helps a lot. Now that they have been identified as cheaters, things will change. If they join a conference with standards, things will change even more.

How does Boise cheat? The reason they go the LOIC charge was mostly due to their women's tennis team, the football violations were extremely minor.

Latest posts