Ogundele

Iowa desperately needs to find a proven D-1 center in the transfer portal after the end of this season.
Let’s say Ogundele isn’t ready next year. He could still go in and bang and take up space and foul 5 times (especially against Rutgers) if needed for a few minutes.

We still have Nunge, Kris, Keegan, and Patrick at the 4 and 5...plus Connor at the 4. Kris hasn’t played much this year but it’s my understanding he’s more the physical inside player..,and I think Keegan holds his own quite nicely,

Where would he go?

Just quit?

He’s not a prospect for a pro league, and he ain’t gonna transfer away from this team when he’s a starter getting the 2nd most minutes on the team. I’m curious as to what you think he’s going to do...
I have no idea, but was it after his Fr year or after last year that he put his name into the NBA to get feedback on where he'd land in the draft and to get counsel on aspects of his game to improve? Most guys who do that, don't do it twice. For that reason alone, I think he'll enter the draft after this season. Every announcer for Iowa games this year identifies him as a future pro.

He is a good college player but simple doesn't have the handles or strength to play in the League. He will really have to sell his shooting but that has not been spectacular, more just above average. His defense is ok but not great. He can make a lot of money overseas but I think he is really gonna have to show something in the tourney to warrant an NBA team to draft him. I think Ultoff was a better player and he's still trying to make the League.

I think differently. He's starting to show signs of doing good to great things the next few months. If he does, I think he'll declare.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong. Just a gut feeling .. ..
He has no shot at getting drafted after this year.

I have been hearing since he was a freshmen that his is a marginal NBA prospect. I don't see it at all. He is not athletic, an above average but not great defender, and not a consistent/elite 3 point shooter. He certainly has the skills to play overseas, but I don't know why anyone would give up their senior year to go to Lichtenstein to make 75k and sleep in a host family's basement. That option will always be there.

No, were JBO ready to go that route, I can see the wisdom. 5 years is a long stretch for college. He may be ready for a change.

Wiesy's not getting drafted and he knows it. You don't have several game stretches where you disappear and expect to play at the next level. He could probably go overseas.

I would like to see JW emerge next year not playing under the game of Luka. If his game is really up to the challenge he should really step up and be a leader.

And I think JO will be a lot better next year. After a year in the strength and conditioning program his body will be more ready for B1G play. We really don't know what kind of offensive game he might be capable of. At this point, if we could get out of him what we got out of his fellow Londonder, Gabe Olesani, I'd be hpaay, an inside game, rebounding, buckets around the basket, solid D, rim protection maybe. But maybe he has more game than that. Luckily we have the freedom to develop him.

Wiesy's not getting drafted and he knows it. You don't have several game stretches where you disappear and expect to play at the next level. He could probably go overseas.

I would like to see JW emerge next year not playing under the game of Luka. If his game is really up to the challenge he should really step up and be a leader.

And I think JO will be a lot better next year. After a year in the strength and conditioning program his body will be more ready for B1G play. We really don't know what kind of offensive game he might be capable of. At this point, if we could get out of him what we got out of his fellow Londonder, Gabe Olesani, I'd be hpaay, an inside game, rebounding, buckets around the basket, solid D, rim protection maybe. But maybe he has more game than that. Luckily we have the freedom to develop him.
Good stuff.

He's a lot bigger body (almost 60 lbs more) than Gabe at this point so I don't think he's as quick or has the same type of vertical, but hopefully with some strength and conditioning he can fit that mold. Would love to see it, Gabe was a great contrast to Woody and a fan favorite.

I made the same comment last summer. I don't remember if it was another thread or a question to Rob for his questions podcast. I was suggesting that JO get himself from the prep school down to DC to work with Frank and Garzilla.

I too think Iowa should look into hiring Frank as a post consultant. No sarcasm.
I understand what you're saying about Frank, but I think a greater percentage of the improvement Luka has shown is due to him just wanting it more. Who is to say that another player would show the resolve that Luka did to make himself the best.

I understand what you're saying about Frank, but I think a greater percentage of the improvement Luka has shown is due to him just wanting it more. Who is to say that another player would show the resolve that Luka did to make himself the best.
This is the point I would make as well.

One of the things that makes Luka special is his innate drive to get better, and his acceptance of being pushed by his dad. Other players may not have that requisite internal motivation. I know that if I tried to put my son through those workouts it wouldn't go well at all.

This is the point I would make as well.

One of the things that makes Luka special is his innate drive to get better, and his acceptance of being pushed by his dad. Other players may not have that requisite internal motivation. I know that if I tried to put my son through those workouts it wouldn't go well at all.
I would say that when I did put my son through some tough workouts that it didn't go well. He's 39 now and we laugh about it sometimes - I've mellowed over the years.