Ogundele

Zstatman

Anything up or wrong with Josh? A bit surprised that the walk ons got minutes today and he didn't even get into the game.

I can't imagine a better experience then getting to bang day in and day out in practice with a player like Garza. True big men are so rare this day and age, but to have the opportunity to hone your craft against one of the best would be an experience of a lifetime. Great way to start your college career despite not seeing any real playing time.

JO had a lot of things working against him this year.

Like most big guys, he needed time to develop. Due to the current landscape he got over here late. He wasn't in great basketball shape to begin with and his game was pretty limited.

You'd be hard pressed to find a guy who needed a developmental year more than Josh. Hopefully he'll take advantage of the offseason, get some tips and mentoring from Luka and work himself into a solid B1G player.

Last edited:
JO had a lot of things working against him this year.

Like most big guys, he needed time to develop. Due to the current landscape he got over here late. He wasn't in great basketball shape to begin with and his game was pretty limited.

You'd be hard pressed to find a guy who need a developmental year more than Josh. Hopefully he'll take advantage of the offseason, get some tips and mentoring from Luka and work himself into a solid B1G player.
Yeah it's a good thing we didn't need him. Since we didn't get Foster (who's hurt and out the rest of the year too) we are fortunate that Garza and Nunge are staying healthy

Iowa desperately needs to find a proven D-1 center in the transfer portal after the end of this season.
I don't know that I would go that far. Nunge is the heir apparent to Garza and Josh is a big body that one would hope be able to contribute 12-15 minutes next year. Sounds like his offense needs a lot of work, but he is a good defender and rebounder. Good enough for back up work. Murray has proven that he can play the 4, along with Conner. Patrick and the other Murray kid can stretch to play some 4.

The other issue is, we may not have a schollie to give if Bohannon decides he wants to be a 6th year senior. We are at our limit now and have a commit coming in. Garza is the only certain departure. We are also still recruiting.

I personally don't see any transfers, but there are surprises many years.

The other issue is, we may not have a schollie to give if Bohannon decides he wants to be a 6th year senior. We are at our limit now and have a commit coming in ...
From what I understand, everyone gets a free year and any senior that comes back to a team does not count when it comes to schollies. They only count if they transfer to a different school. So none of the seniors wouldn't count.

Besides, I don't see JBo, Garzilla, or Weezy coming back next year.

Simply my 2¢ .. ..

I can't imagine a better experience then getting to bang day in and day out in practice with a player like Garza. True big men are so rare this day and age, but to have the opportunity to hone your craft against one of the best would be an experience of a lifetime. Great way to start your college career despite not seeing any real playing time.
I'd like him to spend the next few summers with Frank Garza.

You do know that Wieskamp is a junior, right? You saying he's going to leave early to go play in Khadzjycwsrkistan?
Yes, I know he's only a junior. I simply don't think he'll stick around after this year. I hope I hope I'm wrong, but I just have a feeling he's gone after this year.

Simply my 2¢ .. ..

Yes, I know he's only a junior. I simply don't think he'll stick around after this year. I hope I hope I'm wrong, but I just have a feeling he's gone after this year.

Simply my 2¢ .. ..
Where would he go?

Just quit?

He’s not a prospect for a pro league, and he ain’t gonna transfer away from this team when he’s a starter getting the 2nd most minutes on the team. I’m curious as to what you think he’s going to do...

I'd like him to spend the next few summers with Frank Garza.
I made the same comment last summer. I don't remember if it was another thread or a question to Rob for his questions podcast. I was suggesting that JO get himself from the prep school down to DC to work with Frank and Garzilla.

I too think Iowa should look into hiring Frank as a post consultant. No sarcasm.

Where would he go?

Just quit?

He’s not a prospect for a pro league, and he ain’t gonna transfer away from this team when he’s a starter getting the 2nd most minutes on the team. I’m curious as to what you think he’s going to do...
I think differently. He's starting to show signs of doing good to great things the next few months. If he does, I think he'll declare.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong. Just a gut feeling .. ..

I think differently. He's starting to show signs of doing good to great things the next few months. If he does, I think he'll declare.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong. Just a gut feeling .. ..
He's not going anywhere, he should take advantage of getting a free education.