Oglesby/Woodbury/Fran at Wells Fargo Arena today

Oh, I never look at scout. Don't like their rankings. Didn't realize they had him ranked that high.

Fran can go watch kids and still not be offering them. Fred has gone to games of HS games and he isn't offering them. Maybe Fran likes him and Woodbury will do well for Iowa. All I know is that the ISU staff doesn't like his game. Coaching staff always have different opinions on recruits. No different than Iowa offering Oglesby but ISU never going after him. Same as guys like McCabe and Cougill

ISU recruits high school players??? I did not know that. I thought they just accepted transfers.

ISU recruits high school players??? I did not know that. I thought they just accepted transfers.

Iowa State signed more HS players this year than Iowa. Nice try. Same for last year too. We had 10 scholarships to give out. Had to balance classes. How do you do that? Take transfers.

ISU does not have a current offer out to Woodbury. That's all I am saying.

Iowa State signed more HS players this year than Iowa. Nice try. Same for last year too. We had 10 scholarships to give out. Had to balance classes. How do you do that? Take transfers.

ISU does not have a current offer out to Woodbury. That's all I am saying.

So far I've seen Fran bring in Basabe and Cartwright, so for now I'll trust Fran's ability to scout talent.

So far I've seen Fran bring in Basabe and Cartwright, so for now I'll trust Fran's ability to scout talent.

Where did I say you shouldn't? I was just commenting on the dumb comment about Iowa State not recruiting HS players. ISU has brought in more HS players than Iowa, so the comment doesn't make sense.

ISU had 10 scholarships to give out when Fred got here so obviously he was going to fill it with transfers. But he is still signing 3 HS players a class too. Doing a good job balancing the classes after the mess he inherited.

Where did I say you shouldn't? I was just commenting on the dumb comment about Iowa State not recruiting HS players. ISU has brought in more HS players than Iowa, so the comment doesn't make sense.

ISU had 10 scholarships to give out when Fred got here so obviously he was going to fill it with transfers. But he is still signing 3 HS players a class too. Doing a good job balancing the classes after the mess he inherited.

There was ovbious sarcasm in my original post.

My point is that I don't care what ISU or the other coach's who do not like him think according to your original post and that at this point I trust Fran's ability to scout talent. You brought up other examples of players like McCabe that ISU wasn't interested in but they weren't Fran's recruits.

Woodbury would be a great recruit for us. He definitely doesn't take over like he should at this level, but he is athletic for a 7 footer. At this stage, he is way ahead of any other 7 footer we have had at Iowa, by far...Thok isn't bad either. Only question I have is how does East have 7'1", 6'11", and 6'8" and lose? Ever!?

Because the guards get him the ball 1-2 seconds late, if East gets some guard play they will make a deep run, they dont have a chance right now. I've seen Woodbury unstoppable and very stoppable, hes just a junior. He will be a very nice get for Iowa.

I saw 7'1" Nate Wells from Davenport West play the other day. If a huge guy can't dominate Iowa HS, I don't know what he'll do with the big boys. That guy was cringe worthy.

Really? Just don't think too many people are all that terrified of Matt hitting a big three at any point in the game, or even getting on an unstoppable streak. Matt is a glue guy, not an assassin.

Pretty sure the back to back airballs he just shot didn't put the fear of the Trey into Minny, or any other B10 team.

Latest posts