Oglesby/Woodbury/Fran at Wells Fargo Arena today

Really? Just don't think too many people are all that terrified of Matt hitting a big three at any point in the game, or even getting on an unstoppable streak. Matt is a glue guy, not an assassin.

You say that and yet, in a 3 point game, time running down, he'd draw the opposition's best defender...

There are only two players on the team with a better three point percentage than Gatens. Eric May, who people are on for not scoring... and Branden Stubbs with an insane 67% 3 point percentage... Yes he is only 2 of 3 but still.

Matt is capable of hitting three's and you have to remember that it took him awhile to get over that hand surgery. He is streaky. If he hits a few to start, you better look out. But there are other games where he will go 1 for 10 like the Idaho State game, or 0 for 4 like he did against Wisconsin. But overall, you still have to guard him or he will hurt you.

Absolutely agree with you in every other scenario but needing a 3 CAARHawk.

Yeah, I guess I just don't have faith that anyone on the team can hit a big deep shot when needed. Still think the guy most teams fear right now is Cartwright. But when it comes to hitting a big three I don't think they fear anyone.

Casey338

Gatens is actually more impressive than that because he had a terrible start after his injury. I think he went like 1-16 for a period.

Yeah, I guess I just don't have faith that anyone on the team can hit a big deep shot when needed. Still think the guy most teams fear right now is Cartwright. But when it comes to hitting a big three I don't think they fear anyone.

That's cuz they haven't seen me spot up yet...crap, I just rolled an ankle and lost the ball just trying picture doing that in my mind...:eek:

Yeah me to. If he score a 1000 pt half way this his junior year will be just fine by me.

I hope he doesn't score that much by that time. That would mean other guys were falling short. I would just be happy that he was starting by his junior year. Would rather see a normal progression Gatens, then Marble, then Ogelsby.

I hope he doesn't score that much by that time. That would mean other guys were falling short. I would just be happy that he was starting by his junior year. Would rather see a normal progression Gatens, then Marble, then Ogelsby.

Yeah that's a good point. Hopefully Ogelsby will have some benefits Gatens didn't.

I know the ISU staff doesn't like Woodbury's game for their system and are no longer recruiting him. I will admit I haven't watched him in a while so I can't comment on his game.

I know the ISU staff doesn't like Woodbury's game for their system and are no longer recruiting him. I will admit I haven't watched him in a while so I can't comment on his game.

Woodbury is 4 star in state recruit. "The ambulance chaser" Hoiberg better stick to the fall outs.

Nothing against the Clones, but this kid grew up a Hawk fan and I would of been really surprised if he ever wound up in Ames. From some of the reviews I have seen on him from scouts, some label him as 7 footer that can run the floor really well. If true, sounds as if he would fit in fine with Iowa's up and down pace.

Woodbury is 4 star in state recruit. "The ambulance chaser" Hoiberg better stick to the fall outs.

No he is not. He is a 3 star whose primary offers at this point are MVC schools. Coaches have watched him and don't like him at all. Do you even know if Iowa is still recruiting him?

Nothing against the Clones, but this kid grew up a Hawk fan and I would of been really surprised if he ever wound up in Ames. From some of the reviews I have seen on him from scouts, some label him as 7 footer that can run the floor really well. If true, sounds as if he would fit in fine with Iowa's up and down pace.

No doubt he grew up a Hawk, I was just commenting on ISU coaches feelings on him.

No he is not. He is a 3 star whose primary offers at this point are MVC schools. Coaches have watched him and don't like him at all. Do you even know if Iowa is still recruiting him?

No doubt he grew up a Hawk, I was just commenting on ISU coaches feelings on him.
Scout.com: Adam Woodbury Profile

He IS a 4 star according to Scout.com with offers from Iowa, Creighton, ISU, Nebraska, Utah, Virginia, UNI, Minnesota, Drake, and Nevada. That's 3 Big 10 teams, 1 Big 12 teams, 1 Pac 10 team, and an ACC team along with some MVC teams.

Brown: Oglesby tops Woodbury as McCaffery watches | Hawk Central

Also Fran was at his game to watch him play, (and Oglesby) so yes we're still recruiting him.

Last edited:
Scout.com: Adam Woodbury Profile

He IS a 4 star according to Scout.com

Brown: Oglesby tops Woodbury as McCaffery watches | Hawk Central

Also Fran was at his game to watch him play, (and Oglesby) so yes we're still recruiting him.

Oh, I never look at scout. Don't like their rankings. Didn't realize they had him ranked that high.

Fran can go watch kids and still not be offering them. Fred has gone to games of HS games and he isn't offering them. Maybe Fran likes him and Woodbury will do well for Iowa. All I know is that the ISU staff doesn't like his game. Coaching staff always have different opinions on recruits. No different than Iowa offering Oglesby but ISU never going after him. Same as guys like McCabe and Cougill

Oh, I never look at scout. Don't like their rankings. Didn't realize they had him ranked that high.

Fran can go watch kids and still not be offering them. Fred has gone to games of HS games and he isn't offering them. Maybe Fran likes him and Woodbury will do well for Iowa. All I know is that the ISU staff doesn't like his game. Coaching staff always have different opinions on recruits. No different than Iowa offering Oglesby but ISU never going after him. Same as guys like McCabe and Cougill

According to scout and rivals he has an offer from Iowa. As well as Minnesota, Nebraska, Virginia, Utah and ISU (maybe not anymore). Those are all BCS schools.

Latest posts