Oglesby Will Be Back Sunday

And if he plays like last year.. then he'll be the worst player in the rotation and take minutes from guys who provide more production.

I hope he's able to shake off the rust quickly. I like Jok, but he's been forced to play in some tough spots as a true freshman. A healthy Oglesbly could be more viable in those situations right now as Jok is still more likely to make a mistake at a crucial point in the game. I know Jok will get better but it would take some pressure of him as he enters his first season on B1G play.

And if he plays like last year.. then he'll be the worst player in the rotation and take minutes from guys who provide more production.

Or he could hit 3's at a much higher percentage now that he will get better looks. There are more offensive options to cover so it will open up some quality attempts

I think he will fire it up, knock down that 1st trey....but, maybe come out a little tentative also, he will get a nice sweat going, work his way back into a rhythm....who knows how he will be, but damn glad he's back....

I'm glad he's getting a game in against a patsy before conference play. His minutes will only be limited due to endurance, coaching decisions, etc. I'm anxious to see how he shoots the 1st game out...know he will do fine with everything else.

If Oglesby shoots a jump shot in the forest do you hear a clank?

That said, we need more defense and he can provide that. Hopefully a better shooting % as well this year. Can't be any worse right?

Perfect type of game for him. Get him plenty of minutes and shots up. Get him in a rythm and feeling good.

That is great news, this is a perfect game for him to get a game until his belt and knock some of the rust off.

Hopefully he shoots more like his freshmen year.

Wonder how many minutes Jok will get in Big 10 play with Oglesby back. I doubt he averages 5 min per game in conference.

It would be very satisfying to see Josh regain his form and nail threes like he did at Indiana.....

If he and Jok become the sharpshooting snipers they have the ability to be, we will be in very good shape. Peter needs seasoning and a breakout game, actually so does Josh.....

I hope he's able to shake off the rust quickly. I like Jok, but he's been forced to play in some tough spots as a true freshman. A healthy Oglesbly could be more viable in those situations right now as Jok is still more likely to make a mistake at a crucial point in the game. I know Jok will get better but it would take some pressure of him as he enters his first season on B1G play.

Jok is already disappointed with lack of PT.

Welcome back. ..He is superior to Jok at this point in his career.

Agree, Jok has shot the 3 about as well as Ogelsby last year, is the weakest link defensively and makes allot of inexperienced mistakes.

Even though people hate him, he will be an improvement if nothing else as a passer and defender. He can't possible shoot as bad as last year anyway.

Jok is already disappointed with lack of PT.

Where did you read this? If that is the case, it's not going to get better with Josh.O returning. Josh did say in an interview that his foot still hurts when he plays defense and his conditioning isn't there yet so Josh's minutes will be limited. Jok will have make the best of his opportunities he gets from here on out cause Josh will only get healthier as the year goes on (hopefully)

Where did you read this? If that is the case, it's not going to get better with Josh.O returning. Josh did say in an interview that his foot still hurts when he plays defense and his conditioning isn't there yet so Josh's minutes will be limited. Jok will have make the best of his opportunities he gets from here on out cause Josh will only get healthier as the year goes on (hopefully)

I would like to know where he heard that as well. Every time I have heard anything from post game videos he says he needs to prove he can do more than shoot and prove the coaches he should be on the floor longer. If anything he is disappointed in how he has performed and is striving to do the other things, not just shoot.

Latest posts