Oglesby to Iowa

I'd like to think McCausland(shooting)+ alot better total athlete. Who's next? lets start rolling with some more good commits

"The state of Iowa has the talent to make Coach Mcafferys's vision a reality. It is my hope that those players, as well as the true hawkeye basketball fans, get back inside Carver Hawkeye Arena and make it a reality starting right now."

I really like that quote. It makes me feel better about getting players to stay in-state.

Josh is an excellent basketball player that will really add to our team. NOt only that, he could have gone to a number of fine programs and chose to stay here. THANK YOU JOSH! That being said he is not Michael Jordan, but he is the next piece to a nice puzzle.

With four three star types in the 2010 class, if FM can get 3 three star types in the 2011 class he will more than hold serve. As it looks right now, the Hawks will be fine at PG, SG, and SF for the next couple of years. Where things get dicey is in the paint. After Cole Leaves there is only one legit body down there. Beyond that you are hoping a guy who hasn't even come close to showing the talent to play strong B10 ball can suddenly develop.

It would be nice to get the center the Hawks have been trying to get and then find a really strong JUCO forward in spring, while encouraging an extra scholarship to materialize. Just need a ready to play Big Man to stop the gap before the 2012 big men are in the fold and ready to contribute.

7 three star types in two years is nothing to sneeze at. At the same time it is not gonna make a top 25 ranking. The jump is still there to be made, but it is still very possible.

With four three star types in the 2010 class, if FM can get 3 three star types in the 2011 class he will more than hold serve. As it looks right now, the Hawks will be fine at PG, SG, and SF for the next couple of years. Where things get dicey is in the paint. After Cole Leaves there is only one legit body down there. Beyond that you are hoping a guy who hasn't even come close to showing the talent to play strong B10 ball can suddenly develop.

It would be nice to get the center the Hawks have been trying to get and then find a really strong JUCO forward in spring, while encouraging an extra scholarship to materialize. Just need a ready to play Big Man to stop the gap before the 2012 big men are in the fold and ready to contribute.

7 three star types in two years is nothing to sneeze at. At the same time it is not gonna make a top 25 ranking. The jump is still there to be made, but it is still very possible.

I agree with the big man assessment. As far as the 3 star assessment though, what if 2 of them end up playing like 4* guys? I mean we all know the top 25-50 kids each year are the cream of the crop, and then next 100 (50-150) are kind of all lumped together. If just 1, or 2 of these 3* guys produces on the floor like a 4* we could be looking much more solid.

Not saying it will happen, but it also isn't some huge stretch or hope to think this could happen either. Just look at May, and Payne for they were 2* guys who will end producing more like a high 3*, maybe 4* (HOPEFULLY) in the future.

It's tough to get a ready to play big without going JUCO. Cyrus was the last good JUCO big Iowa has had.

JUCO or Euro. But of course the Euro thing is fraught with all kinds of problems, i.e., clearing house, professional status, etc. In any event, they will need to get that player if they want to compete.

I gotta believe Malcolm Moore will be recruited aggresively, and I think our chances are pretty good with him. Also, Woodbury is a strong possibility out of the '12 class.

Latest posts